Anyone recommend some WEC fights?

STRYDG

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
It's a brand I never really knew about and considering an ass load of UFC guys came from there, could anyone recommend some top matches to checkout? Making the most of fightpass.

It's a brand I never really knew about and considering an ass load of UFC guys came from there, could anyone recommend some top matches to checkout? Making the most of fightpass.
To be honest, watch any event, almost every fight was amazing. Look how good Aldo was compared to him now.Watch the KZ and Hominick fights.KZ vs Leonard Garcia was a fun fight, both swinging at air but swinging for the fences non stop.

Ben Henderson vs Cerrone I
Cruz vs Benavidez I and II
Carlos Condit vs Hirumitsu Miuera (spelling?)

There were a lot of good fights.

Loads of great fights. Aldos run through the WEC was legendary. Check out Aldo Faber for the most brutal leg kicks ever.

Alot of great stuff to check out you will get to see guys like Aldo, Pettis, Cerrone when they were young and deadly.

So many great fights...

KZ-Garcia 1
Cerrone-Bendo 1
Pettis-Bendo 1
Leben-Swick
Jabouin-Hominick
Condit-Miura
Cerrone-McCullough
Faber-Pulver 1
Torres-Mizugaki

Jabouin vs Hominick and Pettis vs Hendo were really good. It definitely felt like Cerrome, Bendo and Pettis were the best in the world at that time and not Maynard, Penn, Kenflo, Diego.

Bendo fights were prime -- any of them. That dude was unsubmittable. As others said, Aldo in WEC is the Aldo of legend everyone refers to. IIRC, even Don Frye made a comment on the KZ-Garcia fight afterwards (you'll see why).

To be honest, pretty much every WEC card delivered PPV-level fights.

Miguel Torres had some great “just bleed” wars...
Brock Larson just ran through a handful of guys...

Jamie Varner vs McCullough...
Wineland vs Campuzano...
Cruz vs Jorgensen is a masterclass...

Pettis Hendo obviously.

Aldo Swanson, Faber and Brown.

Cruz Bowled

Faber Brown 1 and 2

Cowboy Hendo

Cowboy Varner 2 for the post fight internal struggle from Cowboy which is one of my favorite MMA moments.

Countless others, WEC was great and there were a ton of awesome fights.

Torres vs. Mizugaki. WEC 40
Garcia vs. Zombie. WEC 48
Cerrone vs. Henderson I. WEC 43
Cerrone vs. Henderson 2. WEC 48

These are all awesome fun fights that I remember. Aldo vs Faber was good too, some of the most brutal leg kicks ever.

tenor.gif

Back