Media Wonderboy calls out Edwards

Edwards needs a contenders match with Colby. If Wonderboy beats Edwards he's still a couple fights away from a title fight.

I don’t know what’s more surprising, the fact that someone actually called out Leon Edwards, or that it was Wonderboy of all people.

Book it anyway. If Edwards is holding out for the Title fight or Colby or Masvidal he simply wont get a fight.

Well, I hate to point this out (because I like him), But ST said he did NOT want to fight him, but would because it made sense. That's not "I want to fight you", but "I have to fight you, because we have the same agent AND you are the only one ranked higher than me that has no fight scheduled" :)

I find the nicest guy thing really annoying. It feels really fake when you put to much effort in it.

I want so see Edwards fight colby for a ts. Wonderboy should defeat a top 10 fighter first.

Who says it's effort? Why can't he simply be a nice guy? What makes you think he's fake? Genuinely curious.

Hmmm. Not quite an accurate statement. He was trying to brush off the fight and talking about Nick Diaz only a couple of weeks ago. Good to hear he is up for it though. The Colby fight would be better for Edwards but he just fought and will probably wait and see what opportunities come up. Edwards is probably better off fighting sooner if a fighter of Wonderboy's ranking is available.

Who says it's effort? Why can't he simply be a nice guy? What makes you think he's fake? Genuinely curious.
It takes more effort to physically type "something nice," than it does to just say "hey Leon we both need a fight, let's do it." No one is saying he's not nice, just that he took the time to make it sound nice which is something anyone can choose to do (actual nice guy or not).

Just accept the fight Leon. You're not not getting the Masvidal fight. Division needs to move along.

Also lol at "I would like to fight you"
If Colby doesnt fight MAS, then the only other fight that makes sense is MAS vs Edwards. They even have the 3 piece and a soda back story. Make either one happen Dana, I know u read the comment section at Sherdog!!

Edwards must change his management team, because he got punched by Mas in front of everybody and could'nt book a fight with him.

I think Edwards would win that fight.. Thompson is getting up there and has been fairly inactive over the last couple years but I see what he's trying to do here.

It takes more effort to physically type "something nice," than it does to just say "hey Leon we both need a fight, let's do it." No one is saying he's not nice, just that he took the time to make it sound nice which is something anyone can choose to do (actual nice guy or not).

Maybe he types like he talks? <45>

Back