Colby Covington Persona

Kdup

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
The more I watch him, the more I see him slowly slipping further and further into his “act”. Is he actually becoming this person? How long until he can’t break the character and that’s just who he is?

I saw him talking about Tycan Woodley sometime before the fight saying that he was a favorite but he knew Tycan was going to be ready and knew he had to be prepared. Kind of out of his character, but last night when the lights were on, he was in full MAGA mode. No fist bumping, no hugs, no sportsmanship.

Has he finally fully morphed into the heel persona?

I feel like Colby is so deep into his schtick that there's no turning back
PastelImpishEwe-max-1mb.gif

Cobly is one of those persons you look at and instantly don't like
Then he opens his mouth and you really dislike his voice.
Then he says something and you realize he is pretty retarded

Yeah...I agree...His eyes look dark ...like he has a demon in him.

The man read off a que card ...as soon as he started i turned off the tv...

The guy is a boring fighter and his character or person annoys me..from his voice to his posture..he will never be champion as long as Usman is champion...

Screaming he wants his belt back lol..sure you do ...usman in under 3

The more I watch him, the more I see him slowly slipping further and further into his “act”. Is he actually becoming this person? How long until he can’t break the character and that’s just who he is?

I saw him talking about Tycan Woodley sometime before the fight saying that he was a favorite but he knew Tycan was going to be ready and knew he had to be prepared. Kind of out of his character, but last night when the lights were on, he was in full MAGA mode. No fist bumping, no hugs, no sportsmanship.

meh, good for business

Much faster and easier to steal from a political fan base instead of grow your own.

Yeah this is true. I kinda think Woodley was trying to be like the opposite of Coldby just to stir the pot and get some recognition himself. Because he was being more zealous with his BLM stuff then usual.

If Colby is not already gone, he is close to being this person.

I think Colby is LGBT. Every video he post has to have a "not gay" component that is odd and out of place. Sort of like if a space alien was trying hard to act human. It just comes off as weird because the components are there but there is no motivations behind them.

His act isn’t make believe - it’s a caricature. And so yes, he’s becoming more polarized and polarizing, as so many are today.

He’s likely one step away from talking about Q saving children from satanic Hollywood underground bunkers that want to liquify their kidneys for high quality adrenochrome. He actually may not incorporate that into his act.

Couple of things. Colby wouldn't put on this act if he didn't at least support Trump. Now, obviously he has taken off with it a little more than your average trump supporter, but honestly I think it's genius. Instead of making half of the fan base love him and the other half not care, he has half of the fan base love him and the other half pay to watch him lose because they hate him.

It's really clever. As cringey as he can be, it's still a really smart move. A)nobody else has put on that persona, B) he did it at a time when both groups are divisive as possible, further leading to more money in his pocket bc who doesn't want to watch him?

All that said, Colby is all business when he steps in the cage. I got to give him credit for that. Even in the Usman fight, it was all business...even though they really didn't like each other. I personally like Usman and can say he did a great job being all business in the octagon too. And he was a good sport after he beat Colby. That's the one thing colby needs to work on, showing a little sportsmanship after the fight. But, once the time is out, he's back to his persona.

I wonder what his shtick will be if Trump loses the election. Like, is he going to keep wearing that dirty wrinkled MAGA hat.
He'd have to go offline from social media, because he'd get trolled as hard as he's looking to troll everyone else if Trump wins.

Chael Sonnen brought up in one of his videos that Colby was pretty ruthless or "mean" as a college wrestler. That even if he was dominating he would still try to humiliate and slam his opponent. So I'm inclined to believe that's just who he is on fight night.

You can tell how amped up he is in his post fight interviews.

Couple of things. Colby wouldn't put on this act if he didn't at least support Trump. Now, obviously he has taken off with it a little more than your average trump supporter, but honestly I think it's genius. Instead of making half of the fan base love him and the other half not care, he has half of the fan base love him and the other half pay to watch him lose because they hate him.

It's really clever. As cringey as he can be, it's still a really smart move. A)nobody else has put on that persona, B) he did it at a time when both groups are divisive as possible, further leading to more money in his pocket bc who doesn't want to watch him?

All that said, Colby is all business when he steps in the cage. I got to give him credit for that. Even in the Usman fight, it was all business...even though they really didn't like each other. I personally like Usman and can say he did a great job being all business in the octagon too. And he was a good sport after he beat Colby. That's the one thing colby needs to work on, showing a little sportsmanship after the fight. But, once the time is out, he's back to his persona.

I never said he wasn’t smart. He has to make a name for himself and make money. He honestly has done a great job. He went from being a boring wrestler with great cardio. To being a boring wrestler with great cardio with a loud mouth.

Its an exaggeration of his real personality. But he tries WAY too hard and it comes off as forced. Chael could get away with it because he was funnier and said everything tongue in cheek

he's already past the point of no return. i think he mildly believes all the shit he says but he obviously plays it up on the mic. i don't ever think he's going to waver on his stance but he might quiet down a bit after some losses a la chael.

Back