Woodley pretty much lost to the top 3 in the division.. calm down he is 5'8

Fedor Emelianenko

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Usman is a beast
Burns is an absolute tank
Colby is a weirdo but a good fighter.

People are acting as if Woodley is losing to bums... he is 38 and is still fighting top 5 guys.. he is not losing to tomato cans.

Woodley probably should have fought a tomato can to build his confidence back.

Woodley is also very small for the division. He is stocky but very short it is hard for him to press guys.

Woodley is a beast he is no Johnny Hendrix lol

What's 5'8 have to do with anything? he was dominated by a LW a few months ago.

As one poster noted, his physique is very different than it was a few years back. Perhaps the drop off has something to do with that.

I think usman, burns, and Covington are just a step up and woodley would have always had problems with them.

Personally, I always enjoy watching woodley lose so I hope he keeps fighting.

Colby is a machine and an absolute unit. woodley is done now for sure for sure. he's not coming back after this one and if he does it needs to be a step down. like outside the top 10 step down

The guy has no desire to fight anymore, and always comes in with the exact same game plan that led to all the other losses

Lol right image was pre-usada Woodley.
Ironically the Woodley on the right picture got the belt what pre-usada Woodley has never been able to do. So, I don't really see your point.

My only point is that today, Woodley is clearly weaker than he was years ago. Fighting big wrestlers against the fence, Usman Covington, requires strength that Woodley no longer has.

His style relied on being a lot faster and stronger than his opponents, and that advantage has faded. Still, even at his best he'd have trouble with the division's current elite. They're all great at applying constant pressure, which he is very vulnerable to as a low-volume back-stepper, and he doesn't have the grappling advantage he became used to.

If he made the move to LW, it would be even more difficult on him

Usman is a beast
Burns is an absolute tank
Colby is a weirdo but a good fighter.

People are acting as if Woodley is losing to bums... he is 38 and is still fighting top 5 guys.. he is not losing to tomato cans.

Woodley probably should have fought a tomato can to build his confidence back.

Woodley is also very small for the division. He is stocky but very short it is hard for him to press guys.

Woodley is a beast he is no Johnny Hendrix lol
I agree that he shpuld have taken a rebound fight after losing the belt, or after losing to Gilbert. He does seem to be slower and more gun-shy.

The guy has no desire to fight anymore, and always comes in with the exact same game plan that led to all the other losses

I think this is the biggest thing. He just seems to be bored and lethargic in the cage and just overall. He's always been a bit of a dud outside of the cage anyway except for him constantly trying to find racism where it may or may not exist. But his fighting style and urgency seems to be to try to go in there and avoid as much punishment as possible and collect a paycheck.

As one poster noted, his physique is very different than it was a few years back. Perhaps the drop off has something to do with that.

I think usman, burns, and Covington are just a step up and woodley would have always had problems with them.

Personally, I always enjoy watching woodley lose so I hope he keeps fighting.

tenor.gif

but the problem is, the way he's losing. you can't beat anyone top 5, top 10 or top 1000 by having a staring contest. he looks like he's lost the will to fight.

Back