The next move for Woodley , by Chael Sonnen

Boxingroutines

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score

Go to 6:30

Middleweight

It makes sense

He's a huge guy for 170, wrestling at 174 in college, and draining himself.

At middleweight he can beat guys, he may be shorter but he wasn't a world champion for nothing and will have more power.

I think a run at middleweight is a wise choice. Here are the people he has the best chance at beating right now

Tavares
Shabazyan
Brunson
Hall
Weidman
Gastelum
Till
Hermansson

Give me your thoughts on what chael said and his video as a whole as well as this list.

Remember, the 'cardio' aspect won't be as draining for Tyron as he will make weight at a more comfortable pace

Lol no

would look something like this

PlayfulSneakyClam-size_restricted.gif

I think he should take a step down in competition, if he intends to stay active and not retire. Weight class isn’t the problem - it’s his hesitation, predictability, and decline in speed.

If he were to go to MW, he would probably be a little too short (at 5’9) and would have a reach disadvantage.

He's short for WW and has some confidence issues in the cage against WW's. I don't think going to MW will help him.

His next move should be retiring from the sport and Focus on Rapping or anything else instead of getting punched in the face

People were talking lw sonnen talking mw someone's full of shit

Colby Covington was putting Tyron Woodley on the fence at will. Woodley is not strong enough for MW. If he is going to change weight classes, then he should move down to 155. The guys there are his height. With dietary discipline, he can easily make 155 for his frame.

Chael says a lot of stupid things, and that's one of them.

Woodley needs better coaches and maybe some psychologist. I think neither will make much of a difference, though it may get him to cash some cheques against some gatekeepers.

EDIT: Pretty much what was said in the two posts above ^.

Not so sure he wants to fight any more.

It hasn't helped that his last 3 opponents had that style and ability to implement it 5 rounds

[QUOTE="
I think a run at middleweight is a wise choice. Here are the people he has the best chance at beating right now

Tavares
Shabazyan
Brunson
Hall
Weidman
Gastelum
Till
Hermansson

[/QUOTE]
All those guys except maybe Tavares would be favored to beat him at this point. Moving to MW will do nothing for his career or his long term health.

Back