Media ALL SIGNS pointing to Cormier coming out with an AGGRESSIVE grappling heavy gameplan...(analysis)

BRASIL WAND

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How do you stop body shots?

- Take the fight to the ground

- Get in the Pummel/Collar Ties

- Grapple, Grapple, Grapple

1. DC had massive success against Stipe during their brief grappling exchanges. Not solely the big takedown and control in their rematch but his knockout also came from a pummel exchange in the clinch. It’s also where he’s most comfortable at and constantly uses it as a resting/regrouping position (see fights against Rumble, Gus, Stipe 1. Etc). By tying up and controlling the pace he allows his heart rate to go down and begins the grapple-heavy process all over again.

(Stipe falling into Cormiers grappling-set trap: Stipe has a false sense of security with the underhook but Cormier uses a strong pull from the Collar Tie to get a reaction from Stipe, then easily limp arms to regain the underhook... watch the placement of Cormiers left leg: Stipe has nowhere to go but to step into Cormiers power side making the punch more dramatic)
ObviousGrotesqueGrizzlybear-size_restricted.gif

2. DC also looks to be coming in heavier than he did in the Stipe rematch, many people would assume its to put more power behind his shots like their first fight but it’s actually for control on the ground.

(Cormier came in the 251lbs in his fight with Lewis and 246lbs in his first fight with Stipe)

usa_today_11593000.1541306167.jpg

Daniel-Cormier-UFC-252-press-conference.jpg

3. The most telling of all signs is DC bringing in BJJ monster Buchecha for this camp. For anyone not familiar with Buchecha, he’s one of the more Top Heavy BJJ players in the game right now which is why he’s making the transition to MMA. He’s not one of these dweebs flopping around pulling guard, butt scooting, or rolling around for leg locks. Everything with him is top control, forcing arm locks, and chokes.

DC made the right choice to bring in a guy like Buchecha. He won’t necessarily submit Stipe, but if you’re planning to apply a grapple heavy gameplan Buchechas traits are what you need (threaten with Kimuras, RNC’s from riding position, etc. just to keep your opponent honest and to deter him from scrambling)

Marcu-Almeida-Cain-Velasquez-Daniel-Cormier-Luke-rockhold.png

Biggest_Lie_in_Jiu_Jitsu.png

Either way just wanted to share some notes and observations for tomorrow’s BIG fight.

Who you got???

Last edited:
I think Stipe knocks him out.

Cormier is making a mistake I think. He won like 95 percent of his fights before he got caught. Stupid to make a change like that when he made a simple mistake.

I think Cormier gets knocked out eventually if he really tries to wrestle like he says he will or at least implying.

Mix it up more, yes. That's good, but come out to wrestle like he says he will? I think Stipe finishes him again.

I don't like his gas tank for this strategy in the least, buddeh. Like they said before me if he could have grappledfucked Stipe the first time, he would have.

He can easily outwrestle Stipe if he wants, the problem he needs to be concerned with is his gas tank.

All signs pointing to DC gassing if he can’t put Stipe away early. If Stipe was so easy to out grapple then he would’ve done it last fight. But instead he got taken down by Stipe.

I think Stipe knocks him out.

Cormier is making a mistake I think. He won like 95 percent of his fights before he got caught. Stupid to make a change like that when he made a simple mistake.

I think Cormier gets knocked out eventually if he really tries to wrestle like he says he will or at least implying.

Mix it up more, yes. That's good, but come out to wrestle like he says he will? I think Stipe finishes him again.

I don't like his gas tank for this strategy in the least, buddeh. Like they said before me if he could have grappledfucked Stipe the first time, he would have.

If he knows his gas tank is a liability it could also explain why he brought in Buchecha. Might go for broke submission hunting for a Kimura or RNC... also Submission threats open up the GnP

<seedat>

d172a550197c890d69d5d38469a2abbe.gif

SmallRigidHerald-max-1mb.gif

Top control is always the objective

Won't work. He's not fast enough anymore. Stipe with thwart his takedowns and hurt him. DC's only chance is if the ref allows eye pokes, like the first fight when he should have been DQ'd after 4 warnings.

Won't work. He's not fast enough anymore. Stipe with thwart his takedowns and hurt him. DC's only chance is if the ref allows eye pokes, like the first fight when he should have been DQ'd after 4 warnings.

Don't you mean both fights?

I like Cormier. But let Stipenwear protective glasses. And it seems like DC is already retired now with golfing. I think Stipe is more dangerous this fight.

Cormier is too fat, slow, and has too poor of cardio for a grappling heavy gameplan.

Make no mistake about it, he's counting on another 1st round KO.

We will see the result soon.
Just hope DC stops these fucking eyepokes. Really hurts the legacy.

He may grapple and use that advantage but it has nothing to do with body shots!

body shots aren’t some machida (quote Rogan) like puzzle that mankind can’t solve. In striking body shots are a recipe for getting knocked out by counter strikes to the side of the face you are punching from.

DC will be be hunting for submissions. Heavy GnP, back takes, sub attacks, rinse, repeat. As long as he can spend most of his time on top and less time actually trying to secure a takedown he should be able to conserve his gas tank

Back