*Prime DC >>> Prime Stipe: True or False?*

I don't think DC is that far out of his prime. Some guys don't decline badly. You see it with DC and you see it with Romero. I think DC is better as a heavyweight than he is a LHW, so even though he's a little older, I think he's better than he was 5 years ago because of the lack of weight cut, which was obviously hard on him. I think DC and Stipe are around the same tier of fighter, although I think DC is slightly better.

True, I think most people can see he’s the superior fighter even today.

DC has won 60-80% of the rounds between them, but being better doesn’t mean you always win. That huge size discrepancy in reach and height is so hard to overcome if you don’t have the speed and motor of your youth.

Last edited:
Probably true, but I feel that people are slightly overestimating DC's career at HW.

Too little fights against not enough different opponents. Different in terms of skillset.
He beat a bunch of slow grapplers at HW.
Never tested himself against great strikers who wouldn't be easy to take to the ground (Overeem), never tested himself against great grapplers that he would have trouble bullying in the stand-up (Werdum) like he did to Mir, never tested himself against bigger, stronger and more athletic/equally athletic grapplers than him (Blaydes), never tested himself against freaks of nature (Francis), never tested himself against a better wrestler-kickboxer than him (Cain, and Cormier openly admits that Cain was better than him in training and sparring), and he is 1-1 against wrestler-boxer who is a part-time fighter, with poor head movement and upper body movement in general, and who is even slower than most of the other HWs Cormier beat.

THIS IS DC PRIME!--WELL HE MAY BE PAST IT NOW BUT HE WAS DEF IN HIS PRIME IN DCSTIPE1 AND 2. YOU DONT FIGHT JON JONES AND COME OUT NOT SMARTER---SAME CAN BE SAID OF STIPE--I DONT BELIEVE A 32 YEAR OLD DC BEAT A 34 YEAR OLD STIPE- no cap

define YOUR definition of prime. peak physical and peak mental have to meet close in the middle--and it varies--obviously dumb sherdoggers

DC might be the better fighter overall but Stipe puts him out tonight
DC is number 1 company Shill

Probably true, but I feel that people are slightly overestimating DC's career at HW.

Too little fights against not enough different opponents. Different in terms of skillset.
He beat a bunch of slow grapplers at HW.
Never tested himself against great strikers who wouldn't be easy to take to the ground (Overeem), never tested himself against great grapplers that he would have trouble bullying in the stand-up (Werdum) like he did to Mir, never tested himself against bigger, stronger and more athletic/equally athletic grapplers than him (Blaydes), never tested himself against freaks of nature (Francis), never tested himself against a better wrestler-kickboxer than him (Cain, and Cormier openly admits that Cain was better than him in training and sparring), and he is 1-1 against wrestler-boxer who is a part-time fighter, with poor head movement and upper body movement in general, and who is even slower than most of the other HWs Cormier beat.
"Never tested himself against great strikers who wouldn't be easy to take to the ground"- I'd say Bigfoot Silva, at the time DC fought him, would fall into that category. He was a roided up beast who had just KO'd Fedor. And DC handled him with ease. And I'll throw Gus into this category too, even though they fought at LHW (I know you're specifically talking about HW).

"Never tested himself against great grapplers that he would have trouble bullying in the stand-up"- Prime Josh Barnett on an 8 fight win streak?

"never tested himself against bigger, stronger and more athletic/equally athletic grapplers than him"- Again, I'm putting Josh Barnett in this category. Jeff Monson was another roided up grappling beast who was wrecking people when DC fought him.

"never tested himself against freaks of nature"- I'd say Rumble at LHW is as much of a "freak of nature" as anyone out there. And DC handled him easily twice.

"never tested himself against a better wrestler-kickboxer than him"- Sure, but that's cause there aren't many better wrestlers/kickboxers than him.

It seems to me like you're going out of the way to discredit DC's accomplishments. The level of competition that he's been fighting consistently over the last decade is as good as anyone. And he's beat nearly all of them, with the exception of the all-time GOAT.

Back