Max Rohskopf quits and is released!

jimmy dakine

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
So there exist these things called words, and these other things called actions.

Dana White says he defends Max Rohskopf for quitting and adds that there is no shame in that...so then he releases him. Defending him with words, releasing him is an action.....which do you suspect and which do you believe, Dana's words or actions.

Dna White seems to have no problem throwing anyone under the bus, well, not Jon Jones or Conor, but almost anyone....you dont accept a short notice fight? Consequences.....you quit on the stool after accepting a fight on one weeks notice? Consequences!......Max Rohskopf was doomed either of 3 ways...reject the short notice fight and face consequences....continue to fight and face continue to get the shit knocked out of you, consequences....or quit on the stool and face consequences......in hindsight, I suppose the beating would have been the best choice......now when someone is thinking about quitting on the stool, the corner can say, "look what happened to Max Rohskopf, go back out there"...........Dana is smart but karma is a bitch...one day he'll get thrown under the bus and it might not be proverbial.

MAX dont quit next time

What's the problem, he's saying it's ok to quit, but you're not cut out for the UFC if you do. There's no contradiction, like you're still gonna love your kids if they do something bad, but you're still gonna punish them, that kind of thing

Max's team was asking for that fight as a last minute replacement. How you gonna beg to fight in the UFC, then quit, then cry about being released? Fighting in the UFC is an opportunity.

Welp probably should’ve listened to his coach who obviously has a better understanding of the real world. Compare Pettis who quit on the stool to him. Everyone knows Pettis has been in the game for a long time, has paid his dues, and knows what he’s about. The only lasting impression of that kid is that he quit when the going got tough, it’s not a good look. If he would’ve went back out there and got subbed or tkod the higher ups would’ve remembered him as someone who at least tried. Idk I guess it’s easy to say from the sidelines but in my opinion this guy crapped the bed.

I mean he very clearly was not ready..... We all knew this cut was coming, come on now.

nothing to do with his corner or Dana

he wanted out,
no reason to keep a guy who decided to quit
he need a break and time
to figure out what does he want for himself

I was thinking of when BJ quit against GSP. He had his back to the cameras. Silently gestured to his corner guys/brothers to do the deed. Nothing wrong with it. Protect your brains.

Was he cut for it?

He should have dived for a takedown. And after that give the RNC away.

Or just sit on the ground against the cage with his guard high, just like Cerone.

So there exist these things called words, and these other things called actions.

Dana White says he defends Max Rohskopf for quitting and adds that there is no shame in that...so then he releases him. Defending him with words, releasing him is an action.....which do you suspect and which do you believe, Dana's words or actions.

Dna White seems to have no problem throwing anyone under the bus, well, not Jon Jones or Conor, but almost anyone....you dont accept a short notice fight? Consequences.....you quit on the stool after accepting a fight on one weeks notice? Consequences!......Max Rohskopf was doomed either of 3 ways...reject the short notice fight and face consequences....continue to fight and face continue to get the shit knocked out of you, consequences....or quit on the stool and face consequences......in hindsight, I suppose the beating would have been the best choice......now when someone is thinking about quitting on the stool, the corner can say, "look what happened to Max Rohskopf, go back out there"...........Dana is smart but karma is a bitch...one day he'll get thrown under the bus and it might not be proverbial.
I dont see any problem here. He was given an oppurtunity. What he does with it is up to him. He quit on the stool,and says himself he is not mentally ready for being on that stage. Dana was kind in his words to him...it doesnt mean he owes him a contract. This was an oppurtunity and they wont use him again at this time. He can always earn his way back in if he wants it that bad.

? He wasn’t exactly very skilled and the only reason he signed with the UFC was because he was a late replacement. Supporting someone for quitting does not mean he needs to retain said fighter as he clearly wasn’t UFC level right now. I don’t like Dana and his practices but why do so many have to twist things just to bash him?

Reactions: lsa

Dana said quitting was the right thing for max to do.

And the right thing for Dana to do is cut him.

So everyone did what was best for them.

do you understand now?

Reactions: lsa

There are different ways to quit. For example, Jose Aldo quit verses Petr Yan. The MMA community likes this type of quitting, where the fighter just goes into "helpless" position and waits for the referee to stop the fight.

Another way to quit is the Conor McGregor way. You attempt a lame untimely TD, you get reversed and taken down, and you give up your back to get choked, while providing minimal resistance.

The hypocrisy of the Max situation is that BJ Penn quit on the stool, and yet some people consider him a GOAT candidate. LOL

Back