Media Luke Thomas claims Fedor is still HW GOAT

JustBleed69

Touch-Butt Silver Belt
Yellow Card
Reaction score

Cliffs
  • Debate is somewhat murky because of several factors, but for him Fedor edges the HW GOAT claim.
  • Reasons why HW GOAT claim is murky: Different time periods, UFC vs Pride/ Strikeforce
  • The eye test (Cain or DC might be most talented HWs, but dont have the body of work compared to Fedor or Stipe)
  • Great catalogue of wins coupled with bad losses, ie. Werdum beats Cain and Fedor but has losses to several people unavenged
  • For him the only real arguement is Fedor or Stipe because of longevity in the division + body of work
I tend to agree, but believe especially if Stipe wins it could be a 1. A., 1. B. type scenario for Fedor/ Stipe.

I agree that it's still Fedor, not just based on resume, but probably also ability.

I do feel that other people underrate Cormier and Miocic in terms of ability though, especially the former.
Imo prime DC beats Fedor handily, probbbbbably Stipe as well, but Fedor does have a larger body of work which is why I don't push back too hard on the claim.

Cliffs
  • Debate is somewhat murky because of several factors, but for him Fedor edges the HW GOAT claim.
  • Reasons why HW GOAT claim is murky: Different time periods, UFC vs Pride/ Strikeforce
  • The eye test (Cain or DC might be most talented HWs, but dont have the body of work compared to Fedor or Stipe)
  • Great catalogue of wins coupled with bad losses, ie. Werdum beats Cain and Fedor but has losses to several people unavenged
  • For him the only real arguement is Fedor or Stipe because of longevity in the division + body of work
I tend to agree, but believe especially if Stipe wins it could be a 1. A., 1. B. type scenario for Fedor/ Stipe.

Fedor had a crazy skill set when he was in his prime. The closets to come to him was probably Cain.

DC maybe stipe no. Stipe is chinny and nowhere near the atheltism Fedor had in his prime.
I agree with you on Fedor being the favourite against Stipe, but someone who ate both the most strikes ever landed at heavyweight (181) AND was able to occasionally eat bombs from Ngannou is not chinny.

I agree with you on Fedor being the favourite against Stipe, but someone who ate both the most strikes ever landed at heavyweight (181) AND was able to occasionally eat bombs from Ngannou is not chinny.

True but he was also ko by someone like Struve . Stipe also gets hit alot In fights.

I don't like Thomas, I'm not really a Fedor fan either.

He is right though. Fedor is the MMA HW GOAT and it can't be disputed atm.

UFC HW GOAT yeah Stipe/DC winner.

Fedor is most definitely GOAT HW. He could be eclipsed someday, but not by Cormier or Stipe. Fedor was the consensus P4P best fighter in the world for seven years, during which time he fought more ranked fighters than any other HW (save for Nog, whom Fedor beat twice in their prime), had more title defenses (5 total), and did so in one continuous undefeated streak that lasted a decade. So no, neither Cormier or Stipe is surpassing him regardless of who wins this Saturday.

Back