Stipe - Cormier 3... Eyepokes?

Dirge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I am definitely looking forward to the fight Saturday but I have to wonder if DC will eyepoke Stipe during the fight.

Now let me back up a step. Personally I believe the eyepokes in both fights against Stipe were intentional, the first fight, they led to the finish and it almost happened again in the second fight.

That said, lets assume I am wrong and as DC said recently, "they were accidental". Even though DC is well aware of the rules around keeping fingers from being pointed outwards.

If so, will the ref be more aware? In both fights the ref didn't see either eyepoke and as such did not give Stipe time to recover and/or warn DC afterwards.

There has been a ton of controversy around the eyepokes in both fights and even fans of DC have been conspicuously silent as to whether or not they were intentional.

I suspect it will go one of two ways:

DC makes a point of keeping his hands shut and goes out of his way to avoid the eyepokes because they were actually accidents

or

DC wants nothing more than to end his career on a win with his legacy intact at HW. He knows he will never be the LHW GOAT thanks to Jones and this is his last chance at bragging rights. As such if winning by any means is his only goal, will he attempt pokes, mindful of the position of the ref (which is essentially what happened in the first two fights)?

Thoughts?

Yes, if he finds himself over-matched even in the smaller cage.

No doubt. Stipe better have a team of ophthalmologists on call.

DC's probably studying Jon Jones and Three Stooges footage for additional pointers.

About damn time. Nobody talked about them for like a full year after that first fight

? I guess if you are bored you can necro search the threads. There were a ton of them after both fights.

Then there were the threads about Stipes eye damage and subsequent surgeries etc.

Were you under a rock after both of those fights?

Odd that you haven't seen one yet considering the number that was made.. Also odd that you can't use the search function.

https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/161336891

ah yes so I should be looking for a thread started 3 days ago.

Is this not a forum for discussion?

Instead of expressing disgust at a thread that in your opinion is repetitive, how about not bothering to comment at all?

? I guess if you are bored you can necro search the threads. There were a ton of them after both fights.

Then there were the threads about Stipes eye damage and subsequent surgeries etc.

Were you under a rock after both of those fights?
The eye poke talk absolutely exploded after the second fight. Even in the last 3-6 months it got much bigger. They were almost not even regarded as a significant factor in the first fight until recently

The eye poke talk absolutely exploded after the second fight. Even in the last 3-6 months it got much bigger. They were almost not even regarded as a significant factor in the first fight until recently

One time its an accident, twice its a strategy.

ah yes so I should be looking for a thread started 3 days ago.

Is this not a forum for discussion?

Instead of expressing disgust at a thread that in your opinion is repetitive, how about not bothering to comment at all?
Last comment in that thread was made today.

Yes, this is a forum for discussion. But maybe try being a little more creative instead of rehashing the same old subjects.

Last comment in that thread was today.

Yes, this is a forum for discussion. But maybe try being original instead of rehashing the same old subjects.

I wait with baited breaths for your contributions to this forum.

Sorry but I don't live on here despite being a member for 16 years. I popped in today, looked at the first couple of pages and didn't see anything similar.

Next time I'll spend a solid hour researching threads before daring to post.

I only average 2 posts a day, will have to get it down to 1.

Let's hope not, from EITHER guy.

Hoping for a solid, barn-burner, with no controversy.

If I thought a fighter was going to poke me in the eye I would be preparing to counter by kicking him in the nuts as hard as possible. Even that shit out. Especially if that dumb fuck Herb Dean pretends like he didn't see an eye poke like in the 2nd fight.

Good post.

I realized that no Cormier fan cares about eyepokes. They know they were intentional and some of them keep bringing nonsense, fake rhetorics about that like the eyepokes were nothing.

It is a shame because this also happens in other places, but the difference is that much less people support DC's behaviour regarding eyepokes - Youtube and reddit for instance, much bigger places, bash him all the time because of that. Now, on the other hand, here we have mods who support DC's behaviour... lol. A fucking shame. I don't get it, but it is what it is.

I think DC will try everything, legal or illegal, because he has no honor. A man who intentionally pokes someone to a point the person needs EYE SURGERIES and go to the media saying it was "accidental", seriously, the man is a garbage. And from garbage, no-good people, we expect always the worse. Can't be trusted anymore.

Hoping for another divine justice.

WAR STIPE!!

Back