Media Gaethje thinks Khabib's team are yes men

MichaelT

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score

Sounds like he's really reaching there. Khabib has always been super submissive to his father, and to his God, and his coach too, the only 'arrogance' you could point to is him standing with his opponents when his coach wants him to wrestle.

This will probably get brought up in the press conference, I wonder how Khabib will respond, Gaethje kind of starting to ask for the smesh.

I don't know who he spars with, but from watching some corner audio, his guys don't seem to be licking his ass or anything, they tell him pretty straight what he needs to be doing and if he needs to improve.

lol jesus, calm down dude

i doubt there will be any trash talk between them. it will be like dustin and khabib

justin said many times that khabib is the best lw right now and ali is their manager

I challenge him to name three of his friends outside of the UFC

I think Justin is not trying to be a dick, trying to actually analyze it but I disagree. His team aren't yes-men because they are just training partners and friends. They're not his coach. Sort of like calling family yes-men... yeah they are but who cares. What matters is Javier, and he is no yes-man.

Yeah, I agree. Its worked for him so far though.

Reminds me a bit of Ronda. No one would say it at the time, cause it was working for her, but once she lost...

I mean it worked in all of Khabib's fights so far. What's the deal?

Nah, a ton of people said it about Ronda back then. Every Edmond pad-hitting video devolved into it actually haha.

Never forget that video of her shadow boxing, think it was before the Holm fight.

The way Khabib's striking has improved over time, you don't make these kinds of improvements if your team are feeding your ego. The only way that happens if they are pushing you to improve, or if you yourself see that you need to improve.

Gaethje has way missed the mark on this, and imo what he said is already trash talk

He hangs with people that he’s grown up with.. family members and gym partners since childhood.

‘yes men’ are usually leeches that attach to someone after stardom. Justin is really trying to find anything on khabib to give himself some confidence, can’t really blame him I guess

Well, they're some kind of men that's for sure

xtwhskg08ew41.jpg

Yes men? Nahhhh

Khabib is the one who tries to fight in the stand up and his corner implore him to stick to grappling.

Sounds like he's really reaching there. Khabib has always been super submissive to his father, and to his God, and his coach too, the only 'arrogance' you could point to is him standing with his opponents when his coach wants him to wrestle.

This will probably get brought up in the press conference, I wonder how Khabib will respond, Gaethje kind of starting to ask for the smesh.

I don't know who he spars with, but from watching some corner audio, his guys don't seem to be licking his ass or anything, they tell him pretty straight what he needs to be doing and if he needs to improve.

I doubt justin would say it at the press conference or something like that.

Everytime justin has talked like this, he has been smashed in the face

Back