Friendly discussion about scoring Conor/Khabib round 3

ff

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
We all know discussions have a tendency to get heated, in real life, on the Internet, and especially on Sherdog. Could we please try and keep this discussion civil, by just sticking to arguing the points?

I've long maintained that Khabib Nurmagomedov deserved to win round 3 against Conor on the judges' scorecards. I'm fine with people disagreeing with me. But I'm not a fan of people acting like my opinion is crazy, to then proceed to try and shut down discussion.

Given what I say above, do you still think Conor won round 3? If so, is your method of judging in line with the official method? Finally, do you still think it's "crazy" for someone to score the round for Khabib ? That this fan must be an idiot or a troll?

Ye Conor won R3 and I haven't seen anyone seriously argue against it. I think Khabib carried him to championship rounds but who knows

Round 1 broke Conor's punching power/quickness of his strikes
Round 2 broke his face
Round 3 broke his spirit

Hence "it is only business." Must be rough when a guy who has dominated you hands you a striking (aka your specialty) round on a silver platter and you can't do a thing with it as the striker. Hence at the end "it is only business" aka "ok I've got nothing." Not a surprise the finish came right after in the 4th.

Last edited:
Conor pretty clearly won the round imo

Doesn't really matter, Khabib basically took the round off the play it safe with his cardio

Of course he won, under any possible scoring system.

Conor cheated more than any ufc fighter in history in a single title match, and still got outclassed in every aspect.

why is this even a thread?
15394562981383880.gif

1539457356130693.gif

15394575992440237.gif

15394576902440295.gif

1539456425272286.gif

1539456154130459.gif

1539456752272267.gif

it was embarrassing, without cheating Khabib would kill him in 2 rounds.

I think just looking at the stats (I am not rewatching the round) Conor out struck him 44-17 total strikes and 34-15 in significant strikes. No TDs were scored and no knockdowns were scored.
Under the current and previous scoring criteria there is no way to reasonably score it anything but 10-9 McGregor.

Not sure what your reasoning for a 10-9 Khabib could possibly be but if you care to explain go ahead:
We all know discussions have a tendency to get heated, in real life, on the Internet, and especially on Sherdog. Could we please try and keep this discussion civil, by just sticking to arguing the points?

I've long maintained that Khabib Nurmagomedov deserved to win round 3 against Conor on the judges' scorecards. I'm fine with people disagreeing with me. But I'm not a fan of people acting like my opinion is crazy, to then proceed to try and shut down discussion.

Given what I say above, do you still think Conor won round 3? If so, is your method of judging in line with the official method? Finally, do you still think it's "crazy" for someone to score the round for Khabib ? That this fan must be an idiot or a troll?

Khabib won the fight, who cares? What are we gonna review the fight in 30 second intervals next?

Reactions: 2EZ
I always thought Khabib kinda took rd three off to not gas. It was still close but he let Conor dictate that round.

Khabib pretty much took the round off.

Conor who was supposed to put him out cold if they stood for more than 10 seconds couldnt do anything with it

Reactions: 2EZ
All i know is khabib gave conor an entire round on the feet and conor couldnt even give khabib a bruse on his face. So who really won that round

Javier did an interview right after the fight saying the gameplan was to try to knock out McGregor in round 3. The goal was to tire him in rounds 1/2 and try to KO him in round 3. I can't find the video anymore it was on a podcast right after the fight.

But here is an article where he touches on it

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/mma/8232455/khabib-finished-mcgregor-sooner-trainer-rematch/

Mendez said: “I think he could have finished the fight earlier if he wanted to, but he didn’t.

“He stood with him to say he’s not afraid of him, I can stand with you.

“I told him after the third round, ‘look, I know you were going to stand with him, I’m not surprised, but do me a favour and let's go back to fathers plan, please.’

“I told him the third round was close and he might have given that to Conor, but let's not to that again.

“He says, ‘Okay coach’, and that’s what you saw in the fourth round.”

Conor fans should know this. Because they hang on to round 3 like it was some sort of accomplishment, which is a joke. Khabib was playing with him, like food. Total disregard for his skill.

Also for the idiots who think McGregor stuffed takedowns in round 3, Khabib did not go for a TD in round, he went in to hang on Mcgregor to tire his arms. He went for a TD in round 4 and got him down right away and submitted him.

Khabib owned this clown.

Edit: I saw the troll thread from earlier and this guy is trolling too. But Conor fans always need to be reminded of how inferior he is compared to Khabib.

Last edited:
Are you meming that John cola dudes thread? Lol

I'm surprised people are responding seriously.

The fight was so one sided that round 3 looked like a win for Conor

Round 1 - Khabib 10-9
Round 2 - Khabib 10-8
Round 3 - Khabib 10-9
Round 4 - Khabib by Massacre

Javier did an interview right after the fight saying the gameplan was to try to knock out McGregor in round 3. The goal was to tire him in rounds 1/2 and try to KO him in round 3. I can't find the video anymore it was on a podcast right after the fight.

But here is an article where he touches on it

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/mma/8232455/khabib-finished-mcgregor-sooner-trainer-rematch/

Mendez said: “I think he could have finished the fight earlier if he wanted to, but he didn’t.

“He stood with him to say he’s not afraid of him, I can stand with you.

“I told him after the third round, ‘look, I know you were going to stand with him, I’m not surprised, but do me a favour and let's go back to fathers plan, please.’

“I told him the third round was close and he might have given that to Conor, but let's not to that again.

“He says, ‘Okay coach’, and that’s what you saw in the fourth round.”

Conor fans should know this. Because they hang on to round 3 like it was some sort of accomplishment, which is a joke. Khabib was playing with him, like food. Total disregard for his skill.

Also for the idiots who think McGregor stuffed takedowns in round 3, Khabib did not go for a TD in round, he went in to hang on Mcgregor to tire his arms. He went for a TD in round 4 and got him down right away and submitted him.

Khabib owned this clown.
Nah, at least not from Javier for sure. It is the Javier Mendes / Mike Swick interview you're talking about. I don't have it handy but I'm sure anyone can find it on youtube. Javier says he pleaded repeatedly with Khabib but Khabib wasn't listening. He cites the 3rd round in particular as the "Khabib not listening" example, in addition to parts of the Al fight.

Anyway TS is just making this thread to mock the "Conor won the 1st round" moron so it is what it is, to quote the MMA philosophist Max.

Nah, at least not from Javier for sure. It is the Javier Mendes / Mike Swick interview you're talking about. I don't have it handy but I'm sure anyone can find it on youtube. Javier says he pleaded repeatedly with Khabib but Khabib wasn't listening. He cites the 3rd round in particular as the "Khabib not listening" example, in addition to parts of the Al fight.

Anyway TS is just making this thread to mock the "Conor won the 1st round" moron so it is what it is, to quote the MMA philosophist Max.

It wasn't Swick it was someone else and it was right after the fight, like the next day. He said the goal was to embarass Mcgregor by knocking him out, because Khabib really doesn't like him. But unfortunately it didn't work out. If I find the video I will make a thread.....it is out there somewhere.

Back