So. When is the next LHW title fight?

• Thread starter Deleted member 576123
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 576123

When?

Who?

I don't follow media so I'm assuming I missed the plan..?

Is there even a viable option?

Jan in a title fight would be an insult to the division.

Any other fight would be a rematch.

Jiri and Ankalaev are the best possible options but they’re still a couple fights too green, and Ankalaev is wasting his time in a pointless rematch.

JBJ acting like a B*tch again

so interim between Reyes Vs Santos / Glover winner....
man... this is depressing....

At least he didn’t run away from the sport after a controversial decision (and duck a rematch) like GSP did vs Hendricks.

Jones gave Gus a rematch (after a tough first fight) and finished him.

Jan vs Reyes for least given a shit about Interim Title fight ever...

Didn't realise Santos was booked VS Glover! that should be fun.

Last time Dana spoke about it he said he hadn't even thought about what they're going to do. Obviously they don't want to strip Jones and they're hoping to work something out. I think the Reyes rematch has to happen but Jan does have a case.

If Santos win he will go with Prochazka its almost 100% ....cuz Mick Maynard was trying to book this match as debut for Prochazka and by what Prochazka's coach said they are waiting for opponent from Santos/Glover ,Smith/Rakic

Jones won't fight.

Dana said he won't strip Jones.

Reyes vs Blachowicz for the interim pretty soon I think.

Last thing I read was Jones wanting more pay. And him being cageside when Bla KO'd Corey. So probably looking at an easier defense than a Reyes rematch. And the UFC seemingly doesn't want to up his pay as much as he asks. Or really anyone's, including Mas', as they did that to save the card. So, stalemate.

Dana wasn't too keen on an Interim belt back then, in Spring, but I'd guess they'll eventually come to an agreement with Jones or just make Jan/Reyes for the Interim. Not because that fight is big, but because the Jones fight becomes bigger that way.

UFC will never strip Jones, he will probably comback december and its either Reyes/Jan. Reports are coming that Santos will fight Teixeira,question is with whom do you pair the one that is not fighting Jones?

Jones is knowing that he’s on borrowed time and has been lucky to retain his title, I doubt he actually wants a fight. All this postering is a simple diversion to distance himself from that incoming loss that he fears most. He’s using money as an excuse to step away from fighting with his tainted legacy somewhat in tact. The mental gymnastics that’s being pulled by this guy is staggering, but that’s the mindset of a sociopath. Think about it, the guy who’s talked a big game for years about going to HW, but has ducked every opportunity all of a sudden wants to move up. Jon has traditionally struggled against big men, so now he not only move up, but do so to face the most feared power puncher in the entire world of MMA. Ngannou is a guy who Jones has nearly no physical advantages over.

Reach Even
Power Ngannou
Chin Even
Strength Ngannou
Cardio Jones

How does this fight make sense for Jones... it just doesn’t

^^^
??
How many times has Jones been stripped? He has to own the record

I’m expecting Reyes vs. Jan for the interim soon if Jones won’t fight. If Jones does come back, the Reyes rematch is the fight to make.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back