Eye Pokes and groin shots?

Canarinha

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
What do sherdoggers think about point deduction when eye pokes and groin shots are repeated during a fight?

Why should you get away with it?, is taking a breather in your corner enough to recover from those fouls?

In football for an example you get a yellow and a red card if the fouls are repeated.

Why is the fight game so "light" with punishing fighters that commits these fouls?

Point deduction that can affect the outcome of the fight if fouls are repeated during the fight...yes or no?

put the Pride card penalties system
Yep, a fighter can still win a fight by finish or domination even if he gets a point deducted, but if they take money from their purse and give it to his opponent that would sting like hell and you will start to see less repeated fouls.

What do sherdoggers think about point deduction when eye pokes and groin shots are repeated during a fight?

Why should you get away with it?, is taking a breather in your corner enough to recover from those fouls?

In football for an example you get a yellow and a red card if the fouls are repeated.

Why is the fight game so "light" with punishing fighters that commits these fouls?

Point deduction that can affect the outcome of the fight if fouls are repeated during the fight...yes or no?

I think as soon as an eyepoke happens, refs should take away a point.

More objectivity in fouls I think would be a good thing.. Barely anyone punishing fouls means it puts pressure on those that actually do..
Same goes for judges I guess, things like 10-10 rounds would be ridiculed despite often being imo the most logical outcome.

I've always said the only fair thing to do with a groin shot it to let the fighter kick the offender in the nuts. Then they both get recovery time. We all know that a good shot in the yams takes a lot out of you. To my memory only Matt Hughes took a good shot and then came back to win decisively

I think as soon as an eyepoke happens, refs should take away a point.
Yeah I think if a fighter complains about an eye poke they should pause the fight immediately and check the tape. If they got poked then take a point, if it was just a knuckle or something grazing the eye then no point, if nothing hit the eye at all then take a point from the fighter claiming to be poked.

Yeah I think if a fighter complains about an eye poke they should pause the fight immediately and check the tape. If they got poked then take a point, if it was just a knuckle or something grazing the eye then no point, if nothing hit the eye at all then take a point from the fighter claiming to be poked.
Your post points to an oddity in the new rules: no restarting once they look at the tape. That's crazy! I don't understand that rule.

fine them a percentage and award it to their opponents. the "accidents" would stop overnight.

ufc has always encouraged cheating. from trt to weight cutting and now turning a blind eye, to eye pokes.

Your post points to an oddity in the new rules: no restarting once they look at the tape. That's crazy! I don't understand that rule.
Retarded rule tbh, the commentators can look at it, show it to the fans and comment on it but if the ref takes a look the fight can't continue.

Give them a warning the first time then take $1000 out of their purse and give it to the other guy after every infraction after that.

I've always said the only fair thing to do with a groin shot it to let the fighter kick the offender in the nuts. Then they both get recovery time. We all know that a good shot in the yams takes a lot out of you. To my memory only Matt Hughes took a good shot and then came back to win decisively

There have been others. Brad Tavares KO'd his opponent (Tim Boetsch, if memory serves) just after recovering from a groin shot.

It depends on if they want it to be a true sport. Refs don't want to be the deciding factor in a fight but by not calling things they are affecting the outcome. Jon Jones for example throws his fingers out in the general area of your face from distance. That affects how an opponent can close the distance. He is a repeat offender for eye pokes and should get 1 warning BEFORE the start of the fight. If he was deducted a point as soon as he threw his extended fingers in the general area of his opponents face he would stop it.

Fence grabs are another. Brock vs Randy had a blatant fence grab that prevented a TD and resulted in Randy getting clipped and TKO'd. A point or being awarded top position and a restart should be considered when it is flagrant. Fedor vs Linland which I just watched in another thread was another. Blatant rope grab prevented a TD and altered the fight. Fedor landed in top position due to the rope grab and got the arm bar finish. Who knows if Lindland could have gotten an upset.

ufc has always encouraged cheating. from trt to weight cutting and now turning a blind eye, to eye pokes.
Makes sense to turn the blind eye to eye pokes. Why risk your good eye?
talksport-bisping.jpg

Back