Which fight would be more competitive?

Fedor5723

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
If it happens next DC vs Francis or Stipe vs Derrick Lewis?

Both would result in endless takedowns and be won by GnP or sub on the ground... If I had to pick, Lewis vs Stipe would last longer maybe.

DC vs Francis is going to be a complete destruction on either side. Either DC smashes Ngannou on the mat or Big Frank viciously KOs him.

Stipe vs BB would be closer than most people expect. The fight will likely be contested in the feet and Derrick hits hard but Stipe is just better technically.

DC vs Francis is going to be a complete destruction on either side. Either DC smashes Ngannou on the mat or Big Frank viciously KOs him.

Stipe vs BB would be closer than most people expect. The fight will likely be contested in the feet and Derrick hits hard but Stipe is just better technically.

This pretty much. There's more ways for SM/BB to be competitive than DC/FN

Hard to say because I feel like both DC and Stipe are past their primes now and due a serious downfall. DC will probably retire after this and avoid it, but whether Stipe wins this next one or not I dont think hes going to go back to being what he was. If either of them stick around they are going to get caught and slept by the next guy they face imo.

AT THIS POINT ......AT THIS POINT- I believe Stipe still too good for Lewis. However, I honestly believe Franny beats stipe in re match and I think he kos DC as well. If DC doesn't come to fight and just looks to keep Ngannou grounded at all costs then I can see DC winning but hes older and he has to sustain gas tank to get job done. I'm sure still a shortcoming but I believe Ngannou is no longer a fish out of water on ground. Itd be interesting.

Imagine the scenes if Lewis KOs Stipe

HW will be the laughingstock of MMA (not that it already isn't)

Lewis vs Stipe could get interesting. Lewis has the ability to survive on the ground and retain his power. Once Stipe got out of the 1st round with Francis he was always going to run away with that fight, Lewis is still dangerous as hell in the 3rd round.

Neither would be competitive, Lewis and Ngannou both have a puncher's chance, that's it.
I dunno. We'll see but personally at 41 I don't think DC is gonna have the cardio to wrestle this big HWs for 5 rounds anymore. shrug.

AT THIS POINT ......AT THIS POINT- I believe Stipe still too good for Lewis. However, I honestly believe Franny beats stipe in re match and I think he kos DC as well. If DC doesn't come to fight and just looks to keep Ngannou grounded at all costs then I can see DC winning but hes older and he has to sustain gas tank to get job done. I'm sure still a shortcoming but I believe Ngannou is no longer a fish out of water on ground. Itd be interesting.
99 times out of a 100 the Stipe v Francis rematch goes exactly the same as the first one. Ngannou relies on his power so much, his striking is terrible. Constantly off balance, over swinging. Stipe has sound technical boxing and good movement and he throws straight punches unlike JDS. Why overhand right? Why??? Ngannou would gas trying to KO him early again, and get out wrestled the rest of the fight.

Both of them end with ex champs on the mat lifeless.

99 times out of a 100 the Stipe v Francis rematch goes exactly the same as the first one. Ngannou relies on his power so much, his striking is terrible. Constantly off balance, over swinging. Stipe has sound technical boxing and good movement and he throws straight punches unlike JDS. Why overhand right? Why??? Ngannou would gas trying to KO him early again, and get out wrestled the rest of the fight.
I'll never NEVER understand the layman common sense of people with your train of thought .
99/100 × huh ?
LVegas has ngannou favored over stipe on futures. I wonder why that is ?

Dont be so obtuse and especially your embellishment is so fucking ridiculous that I cant help to feel bad for you.

Dont get me wrong- the fight still has to be fought and doesnt mean I'd be right ( although I would bet my personal $$ on it).
Your post is ...is.... is......just embarrassing.

I'll never NEVER understand the layman common sense of people with your train of thought .
99/100 × huh ?
LVegas has ngannou favored over stipe on futures. I wonder why that is ?

Dont be so obtuse and especially your embellishment is so fucking ridiculous that I cant help to feel bad for you.

Dont get me wrong- the fight still has to be fought and doesnt mean I'd be right ( although I would bet my personal $$ on it).
Your post is ...is.... is......just embarrassing.
People on here always do that, sometimes even say 1 out of a million times and if you question them they're like "I didn't mean it literally you boring buzzkill!" Ngannou could very well catch Stipe and finish him and it wouldn't be anywhere near that small of a chance. Anybody that watched Ngannou's last 4 fights and thinks Ngannou only has a 1% chance of beating Stipe is delusional.

People on here always do that, sometimes even say 1 out of a million times and if you question them they're like "I didn't mean it literally you boring buzzkill!" Ngannou could very well catch Stipe and finish him and it wouldn't be anywhere near that small of a chance. Anybody that watched Ngannou's last 4 fights and thinks Ngannou only has a 1% chance of beating Stipe is delusional.
Plus certain fighters evolve and some dont. I just cant get my brain wrapped around someone watching a fight between 2 top guys and based off that result - it's a foregone conclusion what will happen in re match. I'm not even a Ngannou supporter ( although how can u not like the way he takes care of business) but RIGHT NOW- I honestly believe hes the best heavyweight .DC has one leg out the door( win or lose ) and I 100% believe that Stipe wouldnt duplicate result in re match with Franny. That's just my opinion and I base it on several variables. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong.

Back