As a GSP I was a little worried before BJ vs GSP 2

Kvolcom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm not worried about Khabib at all tbh

That's like the perfect match up for GSP and he's smaller.

I'm a huge GSP fan and I would be nervous as f@$# going into it. Khabib is a monster for anyone. 39 years old coming off another 3 to 4 year layoff .

Dat 'No Rush' thin´...I didnt mean it, right...

Is that more like identifying as a unicorn or an attack helicopter?

Style-wise GSP is a nightmare for Khabib, but let's not forget that St-Pierre is almost 40 years old and has had ACL tears in both knees already.
There is also the possibility that a massive weight cut like that could drastically affect GSP's cardio, chin, and power in a negative way. Assuming he could even make 155, which is doubtful considering that fact that his last fight was at Middleweight.

Just found this old promo.

Man I miss Hype like this back in 2008 and 2009. Miss it so much..

Ufc_94_poster.jpg

Style-wise GSP is a nightmare for Khabib, but let's not forget that St-Pierre is almost 40 years old and has had ACL tears in both knees already.
Khabib had career ending back injuries and surgeries, people tend to forget that too.

There is also the possibility that a massive weight cut like that could drastically affect GSP's cardio, chin, and power in a negative way. Assuming he could even make 155, which is doubtful considering that fact that his last fight was at Middleweight.
Yeah i agree. Although he would never take that fight if he wasn't sure he couldn't (healthily) make weight. Plus he actually was ~190 pounds when he fought Bisping, so he wasn't really that big (he had severe trouble putting on mass, in fact).

The thing which has me most worried for GSP is the speed difference and the fact that Khabib is generally very hard to hit.
Khabib is a young and in quite few regards quick fighter (good handspeed and good reflexes), i could see GSP struggling with that, because it's obviously harder to land on faster opponents, especially taking the age difference into consideration.

Back