Law suit against SMRTL and the MLB regarding oral turinabol (same amount as Jones)

UsernameLOL

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
https://www.classaction.org/media/barrera-v-major-league-baseball-et-al.pdf

Cliffs:

- Tres Barrera (Baseball player) tests positive for oral turinabol metabolite m3 (same as Jon Jones).

- He tests positive for 10 pg/ml

- His test history

7Hm0FeU.jpg

- Dr. Eichner opined in front of the MLB that detection window would be about 50 days and that Barrera's positive test was likely from exposure between July 2019 and January 2020

W0U5Gfk.jpg

8vwndoE.jpg

- Barrera's claims this runs completely counter to the Jones arbitration

- Dr. Eichner later recants his opinion and admits that it is possible for the metabolite to stay in someones system for at least 3 years

Y1V6Oob.jpg

- Barrera again points out the testimony in front of the UFC and his testimony in front of the MLB run counter to each other

ogL4BdE.jpg

Will be interesting to see how this lawsuit plays out. From my point of view it seems like Eichner is making contradictory claims but I could be wrong. There could be some (relevant) nuances that I'm missing.

Last edited:
Sounds like Cabrera's been hanging out with Picto.

Obligatory

<JonesLaugh>

Let a man pulse in private!

https://www.classaction.org/media/barrera-v-major-league-baseball-et-al.pdf

Cliffs:

- Tres Cabrera (Baseball player) tests positive for oral turinabol metabolite m3 (same as Jon Jones).

- He tests positive for 10 pg/ml

- His test history

7Hm0FeU.jpg

- Dr. Eichner opined in front of the MLB that detection window would be about 50 days and that Cabrera's positive test was likely from exposure between July 2019 and January 2020

W0U5Gfk.jpg

8vwndoE.jpg

- Cabrera claims this runs completely counter to the Jones arbitration

- Dr. Eichner later recants his opinion and admits that it is possible for the metabolite to stay in someones system for at least 3 years

Y1V6Oob.jpg

- Cabrera again points out the testimony in front of the UFC and his testimony in front of the MLB run counter to each other

ogL4BdE.jpg

Will be interesting to see how this lawsuit plays out. From my point of view it seems like Eichner is making contradictory claims but I could be wrong. There could be some (relevant) nuances that I'm missing.
It’s Felipe “Tres” Barrera....not Cabrera.

He needs to claim he was hanging out with Jon Jones type people, powerlifting and doing a lot of tbol prior to 2016, when he was first tested. Maybe come up with some dick pill receipts, etc. Crying helps.

I think the fact in this case is that he tested positive. Regardless of when he took it, he took it.

MLB isn't going to play games like UFC

I think the fact in this case is that he tested positive. Regardless of when he took it, he took it.

But then it does mean that Jon Jones took it too and the UFC corrupted USADA into covering Jones and giving him a pass.

The plaintiff contends that he ingested before employment (3+ years) and therefore cannot be punished and references Dr. Eichner's statements from the Jones arbitration which run counter to Dr. Eichner's initial statements from the Barrera testimony. At least that's the way I see it.

7jrwCyD.jpg

Edit: as a side note there are no long term excretory studies on oral turinabol so I don't know what "objective scientific evidence" they are referring to. Maybe they are referring to his test history, in that case they are using circular logic.

My opinion on this has changed. Contradictory statements can also come from the science behind those statements not being foolproof. What is possible and what is likely. So you get these long-winded cases.

Choosing to go that route is a waste of time. What you put in your body is your responsibility. If you can't prove it's a tainted supplement, that's on you. Arbitration is not needed. You test positive and you get the same penalty across the board. Makes things much more simple.

Back