Lose to #2 in under two minutes to get rewarded with a fight against the #1 contender

And don't even start w "The rankings don't matter" cuz it does matter.
Not everyone gets the same opportunities.

I'm talking about Sandhagen of course.

What's that bum on your AV?

550663.jpg

It's two top 5 contenders fighting, whats the problem?

Funkmaster is fighting for the belt next and Garbrandt has one win in the last 5 years (over someone Sandhagen already beat), who else would you put against Moraes?

Aldo lost to the #1 contender then the #1 contender didn't even get a title shot and Aldo did.... Even worse IMO.

Rankings mean jack shit to the UFC.

They really don't matter at all though. Why would they? I'm pretty sure the UFC don't even decide them. Isn't the media outlets or some such nonsense?

It's a popularity contest and WME and the UFC are here to make as much money as they can. You would have to be a serious fucking casual to think that they're going to let something as bullshit as media rankings have an effect on how they make their money.

He had a top 10 win followed by a top 5 win. Marlon is coming off of a loss and a thoroughly unimpressive performance. This gives both guys the opportunity to get back into the conversation. I think it makes sense.

Is the #1 contender some kind of special status? There is the champ and the guys that are not the champ. That's about it. Moraes needs another top win to get a TS and Sandhagen could be it. If Sandhagen wins, he is close to TS himself. What's the problem with the fight?

Is the #1 contender some kind of special status? There is the champ and the guys that are not the champ. That's about it. Moraes needs another top win to get a TS and Sandhagen could be it. If Sandhagen wins, he is close to TS himself. What's the problem with the fight?
Usually number 1 contenders don’t fight guys who just got dominated in 2 minutes

Last edited:
Technically Marlon won vs. Aldo, because those 3 people saw it that way... but there's legitimate debate about whether those 3 people had it scored right. This is an understandable debate... but the reality is that Cejudo, in seeing how close it was, still wanted Aldo for his legendary status... & so he requested that Aldo be his next fight in that weight class. So the UFC complied with Cejudo's request & then set up Marlon/Yan for the winner. When Cejudo retired a couple of months later... Dana rationalized that it wasn't fair to have Aldo already in camp & then pulled from the title shot... so they went with Aldo/Yan for the title.

Okay, that's controversial but a little bit understandable. However, Marlon was in camp for his Yan fight too... & WTF with Dana still overlooking Marlon after UFC 250 (June 6th) by saying that Al Jo gets the next shot at Yan/Aldo winner? Well, it was never booked & might had been just a way of letting Marlon know he's asking for too much money. (guessing) That said.... Yan did an interview a week after the Aldo win saying that he thought there were bigger matchups the UFC was interested in than the Al Jo fight... & that he's not even looking to fight until December.

So yan is on the shelf till Dec. & NOTHING IS BOOKED despite all these people who are pissed off that Al Jo is skipping Marlon. Maybe this Sandhagen fight is Marlon just not wanting to wait till Dec & needing to make a living. Hell who knows if the UFC will even be able to have events in Dec. so Marlon's getting it while he can.

Last edited:
I think ufc are done with Marlon. They’re just hoping for Sandy Boi to win.

They really don't matter at all though. Why would they? I'm pretty sure the UFC don't even decide them. Isn't the media outlets or some such nonsense?

It's a popularity contest and WME and the UFC are here to make as much money as they can. You would have to be a serious fucking casual to think that they're going to let something as bullshit as media rankings have an effect on how they make their money.
The ufc tells the media how to rank the fighters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back