Prospect of jones smeshing israel

Kono dio da!

Giorno's Father
@red
Reaction score
I've seen people here on sherdog, elsewhere I've seen legit analysts picking Israel in the potential match-up. I get it israel is the better technical striker (not that I think it'll make a fucking difference), he's speedier and slightly younger. But guys why is everyone dismissing Jones takedown and ground game? People state israel has good tdd. Yeah he does but he's not fucking glesison tibau or Derek brunson in there. Jones is the superior wrestler, he's bigger and stronger. Reyes is bigger than jones (slightly) and has that explosiveness that probably only yoel can surpass (at 185, at least, other 205ers have it). Israel is no Reyes. Better striker but he's not fucking with Reyes' physicality. So guys please explain to me, why so many think jones loses.

I get that he doesn't use his wrestling much, but I just think it's by choice honestly. Yeah maybe maybe he's not "quite in his prime", but Izzy and his beloved city kickboxing crew aren't out smarting Israel. And I certainly cannot break my rule, "never pick a smaller superior striker against a bigger wrestler with competent striking of his own". It's like picking rose or Joanna over valentina. Like the fuck?

Please lemme know why some of you pick israel. I'm not throwing shade at Izzy, I'm just trying to have a fun, wholesome discussion. Please don't flame me. Oh and @GoshiShun17 please chime in. And yes this has been a matchup that has bothered me for the

I don't remember one single post where someone picked Adesanya over Jones.
You must be dreaming or living in another universe!

I think he is a better striker,I think Jones is slowing down,and I think where other guys didnt put it on him,Izzy will go for it. He really cant let jones win after all the shit talk. He just has to avoid the TD,and i think he can win. Stylebender will try some crazy shit and hes hungrier.

I think he is a better striker,I think Jones is slowing down,and I think where other guys didnt put it on him,Izzy will go for it. He really cant let jones win after all the shit talk. He just has to avoid the TD,and i think he can win. Stylebender will try some crazy shit and hes hungrier.
Easier said than done. Unlike other superior strikers with tdd that came before him like santos and Reyes, he doesn't have that rumble lights out power.

Jones normally likes beating people at their own game but i don't see him outstriking Israel. Also Jones without peds isnt the same fighter

Adesanya is peaking for this sport, while Jones is struggling hard against opponents that aren't that good. Jones' best days are behind him. At his best he takes down Izzy and elbows him to living death. But currently it's probably gonna be a competitive kickboxing match where Ade out-speeds him.

One thing with Jones is him turning up the aggression and volume once he's down. This makes all his fights closer.

Jones is the superior fighter, the only interesting angle is that Jones is likely past his prime and certainly past his peak.

Israel needs to focus on Costa, or he’s gonna get ran over.

if they fight in 4 months, I would pick Jon. BUT If Israel takes a year to make weight GAINZZZ (10 + bs of raw muscle ) he can beat this version of Jones simply because Jones doesn’t use any bjj nor wresslin anymore. The old Jones of 2009-2015 who vanished after the 2nd DC fight would beat any version of Israel, though. That guy was a fucking savage, he would have taken Israel down and elbowed him into a bloody mess.

Jones couldnt take down a double busted knees Marreta, that was awful.

It wont be easy but i think he can do itl
Mane idk bruh. Like he's obviously hard to take down but against Tavares like his sprawls looked... They didn't look like a seasoned wrestler or mma fighter who's used to defending. Obviously now he's improved and showing people Gastelum flames on the ground, but i don't think the gap can be closed in the three years. We're talking the same guy who ragdolled the guy who normally ragdolled all his opponents, in case you don't know who I'm talking about. It's dc. The only people who showed resistance to it were gus, Reyes, santos (but honestly I didn't get the impression that he was hellbent on taking santos down, still credit to santos for taking some rounds) but still I just think it's totally different grip and squeeze with jones. Like I said... Joanna vs valentina vibes. That's what I'm getting from this. Or mousasi vs Mcdonald.

Jones would eye poke his way to the cage and get his takedowns. Probably be a few rounds like that until jones elbows start opening up izzy for a 3rd round tko.

If Israel makes weight GAINZZZ (15 lbs of raw muscle or more) he can beat this version of Jones simply because Jones doesn’t use any bjj nor wresslin anymore. The old Jones of 2009-2015 who died after the 2nd DC fight would beat any version of Israel, though. That guy was a fucking savage.
Look dawg, I know he doesn't rassle anymore. But what if he decides to do it. What if he does. He's the smartest fighter of all time. I cannot fathom the idea of him just abandoning it against a clearly superior, potentially problematic striker.

Look dawg, I know he doesn't rassle anymore. But what if he decides to do it. What if he does. He's the smartest fighter of all time. I cannot fathom the idea of him just abandoning it against a clearly superior, potentially problematic striker.
He won’t imo. He just lost that snap/ explosiveness, the few times he attempted some weak ass takedowns he got stuffed by not so great fighters. The guy is super smart and experienced but he is not the beast he used to be, people get old and bored. Like i said, right now, Jones would win. But if israel takes a year to move up properly, he could outstrike Jones.

Adesanya is peaking for this sport, while Jones is struggling hard against opponents that aren't that good. Jones' best days are behind him. At his best he takes down Izzy and elbows him to living death. But currently it's probably gonna be a competitive kickboxing match where Ade out-speeds him.

One thing with Jones is him turning up the aggression and volume once he's down. This makes all his fights closer.

Jones is the superior fighter, the only interesting angle is that Jones is likely past his prime and certainly past his peak.

Israel needs to focus on Costa, or he’s gonna get ran over.

if they fight in 4 months, I would pick Jon. BUT If Israel takes a year to make weight GAINZZZ (10 + bs of raw muscle ) he can beat this version of Jones simply because Jones doesn’t use any bjj nor wresslin anymore. The old Jones of 2009-2015 who vanished after the 2nd DC fight would beat any version of Israel, though. That guy was a fucking savage, he would have taken Israel down and elbowed him into a bloody mess.
Would beating Jones mean as much if he is past his prime as some here have said? I feel that would take away from the victory. It would still be a monumental day in mma history, but if he's not the same fighter then why would it pique so much interest? Wouldn't it be more exciting if they were both in their primes? Like usman vs colby for instance, max vs volk 2 a true clash?

Look dawg, I know he doesn't rassle anymore. But what if he decides to do it.

The idea that Jones choses to not use his best weapons is ludicrous, just like when some people pretend that Anderson lost four rounds to Chael on purpose. Jones has been fighting elite competition for nine years, doesn't exactly have the healthiest lifestyle and can't use as many PED as he used to, this has to take a toll on him. It would eventually catch-up with anyone.

Back