Does Stipe Miocic retire next Saturday, win or lose?

Does Stipe retire?

• Total voters

Osiris3657

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We know DC is done after this, but Stipe?

I know, this isn't the first time this topic has been discussed on here, but since we're only 8 days away I thought it would be worth bringing up again.

-He's turning 38 in 12 days. Sure, for HW that's not that old, but he's still past his athletic prime. Training and recovering is harder than ever. He will have fought 23 times over the past decade
-His eyes have taken bad damage from eye pokes and at one point in the last year it didn't seem certain he'd be able to come back from it
-If he wins, he'd be forced to fight Ngannou again. Yes, he beat him once, and convincingly, but fighting Big Frank is a huge risk to anyone's health

I think he gives zero fucks about fame and celebrity and would love to fade away from the spotlight that the HW champ gets, and be with his family and do his firefighting gig.

So, based on all that, I get the feeling he does walk away, win or lose, and the HW title will be vacated by the winner soon after.

We know DC is done after this, but Stipe?

I know, this isn't the first time this topic has been discussed on here, but since we're only 8 days away I thought it would be worth bringing up again.

-He's turning 38 in 12 days. Sure, for HW that's not that old, but he's still past his athletic prime. Training and recovering is harder than ever. He will have fought 23 times over the past decade
-His eyes have taken bad damage from eye pokes and at one point in the last year it didn't seem certain he'd be able to come back from it
-If he wins, he'd be forced to fight Ngannou again. Yes, he beat him once, and convincingly, but fighting Big Frank is a huge risk to anyone's health

I think he gives zero fucks about fame and celebrity and would love to fade away from the spotlight that the HW champ gets, and be with his family and do his firefighting gig.

So, based on all that, I get the feeling he does walk away, win or lose, and the HW title will be vacated by the winner soon after.

If he walks away with the belt he’s the heavyweight goat

I don't think so. I haven't gotten any indication of that from what he's said or done, honestly.

No i dont think he will retire whether he wins or loses

Maybe... bad eyes and another poke for poke fight with Cormier... But would like a Ngannou rematch before retiring to play COD>

....do you know the media attention he'd get if he says he was going to? He doesn't want to deal with that. He's also capable of changing his mind.

yea no way he announces he’s retiring before the fight, the press would be all over him.

No why would he? They'd probably just put him back in a HW title fight if he lost LOL

Not singling out TS but sherdoggers sure seem to have an obsession with predicting the future

No why would he? They'd probably just put him back in a HW title fight if he lost LOL

I explained my reasoning in the OP, doofus. How about reading the post instead of responding to the thread title

If he wins why would he retire? His biggest threat after DC is a guy he already beat convincingly.

With DC gone, Stipe will be by far the highest profile HW.

Not singling out TS but sherdoggers sure seem to have an obsession with predicting the future

Don't lump me in with those people who say "____ is going to get knocked the fuck out, 100% lock". This isn't that type of prediction. It's just a feeling based on the circumstances I outlined in the OP. I wouldn't put money on him retiring. I think it's like 60/40 or 55/45 in favor of retirement.

Back