Stipe was finished twice once by Struve and once by DC...

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Both were the results of eye gouges because the TKO and KO happened right after those nasty occurrences!
The reason I brought this up is obvious, if DC used eye gouging to assist him for a sudden win what would your impression be and are u going to accept it as a legitimate victory, especially knowing the herb is there just to stop the fight instead of enforcing the rules?

They desperately need to start taking points away, imo. Stipe isn’t perfect, but Cormier has really abused it during their two fights. Second fight he poked Stipe and then swarmed, if Stipe hadn’t countered with that uppercut who knows what would’ve happened?

If either guy sways the fight with eye pokes it won’t be legitimate in my eyes. I’m really just hoping for a great trilogy.

They desperately need to start taking points away, imo. Stipe isn’t perfect, but Cormier has really abused it during their two fights. Second fight he poked Stipe and then swarmed, if Stipe hadn’t countered with that uppercut who knows what would’ve happened?

If either guy sways the fight with eye pokes it won’t be legitimate in my eyes. I’m really just hoping for a great trilogy.
It’s very hard to become a great fight when the fighter can’t see!

I don't understand why the UFC just won't change their fucking gloves, Pride had very little eye pokes from what I recall. It shouldn't be this complicated tor take this long to produce an angled glove. It is a serious problem the UFC just seems to ignore.

I don't understand why the UFC just won't chance their fucking gloves, Pride had very little eye pokes from what I recall. It shouldn't be this complicated tor take this long to produce an angled glove. It is a serious problem the UFC just seems to ignore.
Stipe should wear eye gears just in case

Both were the results of eye gouges because the TKO and KO happened right after those nasty occurrences!
The reason I brought this up is obvious, if DC used eye gouging to assist him for a sudden win what would your impression be and are u going to accept it as a legitimate victory, especially knowing the herb is there just to stop the fight instead of enforcing the rules?

No that's not legit win in UFC. Street fight kinda.

They were both extremely blatant as well. It's very disappointing.

Look at these Stipe apologizers lmfao. How come KO's don't happen every single time after an eye poke?

Just asking since the eye poke was the only reason Stipe got wrecked in those fights

Stipe should wear eye gears just in case
grantjpg.jpg

The DC poke looks intentional and blatant. I don’t think Struve was trying to intentionally do it, however. He was using his reach as a 6 11 fighter to keep Stipe at range and light him up. He is clearly setting up combinations, and it’s just another Stipe fan excuse to say otherwise.

DC probably won't eye gauge this time just because everyone is so on the look out for it.

This has been discussed for a year..

KO'd by the tallest and the shortest guys in the division. Stipe is a man of extremes.

I personally thought Stipe faked the eye poke and tee'd off on Cormier, it seemed like he knew it was coming and it wasnt the first time in that fight dc threw his figners out at stipers eyes

I agree that fouls in MMA are not punished in a timely or appropriate manner - be it an eye poke, low blow, fence grab, knee to grounded opponent, etc. The refs will give like five warnings befire taking a point, so there’s really no incentive not to cheat.

Back