We already are in the Khamzat Chimaev Era

Danis_champ

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
honestly this guy looks future GOAT material.

his nickname is "borz" who the fuck wants to mess with a guy nicknamed Borz? adlan amagov carried the same nickname and he used to win rounds against prime Jones. They name you Borz for a reason.

The only guy that I would favor over him right now is Usman and that says a lot and that being said Chimaev only needs 1-2 years of training to beat Usman. I think Chimaev would mop the floor with Masvidal, Leon and Wonderboy right now. In my eyes he is already the #1 contender.

I think we are already in the era of Chimaev. Could imagine him going 10+ years undefeated and take the GOAT accolades from Fedor himself.

interesting times ahead.

I remember the Machida Era was also supposed to be a dominant run, then this happened.

ContentSoupyLeafhopper-size_restricted.gif

Chimaev is a special fighter for sure, but let's wait until he fights some top 10 guys before making that proclamation

Tap the brakes. Slow your roll. Insert whatever phrase you like.

I like the guy, too. He looks promising. He could be incredibly dominant and I'm fucking excited to see his ceiling. But for god's sake can we at least wait until he beats a ranked opponent before we begin creating imaginary accolades and feats for him? Or at least someone who was at one time a ranked guy?

It's as much a disservice to him as everyone else around him, the lengths this hype train is reaching.

Conor knocks him out. All the guys he's fought don't even put any pressure on him. Conors TD is also extremely good in the first 2 rounds

Conor knocks him out. All the guys he's fought don't even put any pressure on him. Conors TD is also extremely good in the first 2 rounds
Bet your house.

guy with a wrestling like this while being bigger dude than khabib beats Conor easy.

I expect nothing less from a Dillon Danis AV

I'd love to see him beat someone inside, say, I don't know, maybe the top 100, before declaring him future GOAT ?

Sure, he's looked great beating up cans he gets on the ground with his first takedown.

What about when he has to stand and bang because he can't land a takedown or go longer than 2 minutes ?

his nickname is "borz" who the fuck wants to mess with a guy nicknamed Borz? adlan amagov carried the same nickname and he used to win rounds against prime Jones. They name you Borz for a reason.

The only guy that I would favor over him right now is Usman and that says a lot and that being said Chimaev only needs 1-2 years of training to beat Usman. I think Chimaev would mop the floor with Masvidal, Leon and Wonderboy right now. In my eyes he is already the #1 contender.

I think we are already in the era of Chimaev. Could imagine him going 10+ years undefeated and take the GOAT accolades from Fedor himself.

interesting times ahead.

iirc didn’t Amagov supposedly made Jones quit in sparring due to a liver kick. Wild guy that was. These Chechen guys are nasty to fight.

As for Chimaev, guy looks good at the moment but he is slightly overrated by some of you guys. He explodes heavily in rd 1, if someone can survive the early storm, his chances go down significantly especially if an opponent has good TDD or good BJJ.

Usman, Colby, Burns, Mas, WB, Neal, and Luque all eat Phillips and Mckee alive too.

its hard to put pressure on him, when he's in your face in a split second....but, lets see how he'd do against a guy with some tdd, or someone that has at least some wrestling. someone with a decent record. hopefully, his next fight will be a step up.

Khamzat has risen from the ashes of the Johnny Walker Era... only time can tell for how long.

Khamzat had been namecalling Maia, thats a good matchup , although I think Dana decline to give him top 15 just yet

I just saw some Chimaev wrestling highlight and his 2 first UFC-fights.

I think he could become a great if his chin is durable. Insane control and just dominance.

interesting times ahead.

Do you have a problem with Chimaev being gay? It is a free world, you know. It is his choice.

If he's 2 years off of beating the Champ then how's it his era?

Song Yadong's era imo.

Conor is not a fighter and was never really a real active fighter at ww when he was a fighter. So this post is irrelevant. GSP has more of a shot at fighting chimaev at this point.

Back