Is Khabib GOAT with a win over GSP?

Is Khabib GOAT with win over GSP?

• Total voters
Yes, if he beat the GOAT with a 30-0 record,
Idk how you could denied him that status.

That being said,
GSP will 50-45 his arse to 29-1

He'd be at least GOAT LW but I'd argue he'd be GOAT overall.

BJ Penn is the LW GOAT. With that being said Khabib has had the worst luck imaginable. He was supposed to go 30-0 like this...

Khabib vs. Max
1 - Conor
2 - Tony
3 - Askren
4 - GSP

But instead got....

Khabib vs. Al Laquinta

1 - Conor (but broken footed and drunk with sub par camp alongside 2 year layoff)
2 - Dustin
3 - Justin
4 - GSP (older)

Because of the NYSAC, Dustin, Justin Jorge and Dana his would be goat record is toast.

He'll be the consensus goat at LW for sure but any fan willing to research the lineage will inevitably run across BJ Penn and unless they are blind haters or fanboys they will know he is greater.

Khabib will likely do the same thing GSP is doing right now and he will return to WW in 5 years or so and then lose. For 5 years we will have to hear people quote his bad English as holy script.. then it will be declared that he has a overinflated legacy.

The same thing will happen to GSP if he loses. The same way it happened to Royce, Hughes, Fedor and Silva.

Within a year there may be a major overcorrection in GSP'S goat ranking and it's going to be brutal.

Last edited:
Having a win over an almost 40 year old, past his prime fighter does no make you the GOAT by any means but I do think with enough title defense and make becoming a double champ would make him the GOAT.

Having a win over an almost 40 year old, past his prime fighter does no make you the GOAT by any means but I do think with enough title defense and make becoming a double champ would make him the GOAT.

Pretty much this. A win doesn’t change much for him other than having GSP’s name on his resume

No. Jon Jones, Conor, Aldo, Andy Silva are goats. Not Khabib

His stand up game is just weak to be considered GOAT,for me GOAT is Fedor 4ever

Lmao no. Want a super fight go fight Marty not a 40 year old man with medical issue who's been practically retired for the better part of the last decade. Not even getting into the fact that he want's it at 155...which GSP has been fighting at WW since 02...like let's get real Khabib...stop calling out GSP when your best wins are Al and a couple of fat FW's.

where were his other fights?
for example, do we count weidmans ring of fire fights?

Beating an old GSP doesn't make Khabib the GOAT, just as an old GSP losing to Khabib doesn't take Prime GSP out of the GOAT conversation.

You are not the GOAT for beating an old man that is retired from competition for many years.
Khabib is not the GOAT, and he knows that he cant be the GOAT by fighting once in a year.
He should have fight Tony and many other but the guy came as if he was already the GOAT so cherry picking his opponent, fighting once in a year.
Beating old people aint gonna change that...

Beating a 40 YO and without winning multiple belts doesn't make you the Goat

/thread

Khabib vs GSP, wich is a fight i dont see happening, proves not much. Either Khabib wins vs an old retired GSP. Or GSP wins, wich is likely to happen, and GSP remains the goat.

If he moved up and beat Usman I can see a good argument for it. It's super rare for two young champions to fight each.

Jon Jones record is better all around tho.

Khabib SHOULD beat GSP if they fight today,

If Georges beat him at this stage of their careers, it would amplify how much better he was than Khabib ever would be.

Back