Everybody expects DC to outwrassle Stipe

Hirashin

This is not a profession
Banned
Reaction score
Basically to wrasslefawk him for 5 rounds. Do these people think that Stipe will allow DC to lay on top of him for a long periods of time? People forget that Stipe is D1 wrassler, has he ever been out wrassled in the ufc? They are both D1 wrasslers with good standup, but Stipe is younger, fresher and a bit better. DC will gas out again and get TKOd again.

The smaller cage will help. DC's success with wrestling will be contingent on his ability to get inside and avoid punches while doing it, but also his cardio. As that second fight wore on, he became so one dimensional in his approach that he couldn't defend anything.

Everyone also forgets how well rounded DC is. I think all around DC and Stipe are pretty close in skill. I think it comes down to their game plans.

Everyone also forgets how well rounded DC is. I think all around DC and Stipe are pretty close in skill. I think it comes down to their game plans.
yes, and the gameplan of DC is to wrasslefuck...can he do it though?

Well, if he comes in with the fight plan to strictly strike with Miocic, he could very well be KOed again...

He'll do well early. Stipe will adjust and DC will gas again from the belly shots then pow on the jaw.

DC is too fat

I could knock him out with a spinning heel kick
Totally believable.
Spinning-Kick-Fail.gif

Correct me if i'm wrong but aside from Jones i don't think anyone ever outwrestled DC , either at LHW or HW.

He got KOed and TKOed but was never dominated in grappling. If he lose toi Stipe it will very likely be by KO or TKO again

Totally believable.
Spinning-Kick-Fail.gif
DC has been through these stages and completely abandoned kung fu as ineffective for mma

Nau5Dak.gif

vwcVpk9.gif

DC is no rookie anymore

Correct me if i'm wrong but aside from Jones i don't think anyone ever outwrestled DC , either at LHW or HW.

He got KOed and TKOed but was never dominated in grappling. If he lose toi Stipe it will very likely be by KO or TKO again
Jones didn't dominate DC in wrassling, nobody dominated DC in wrestling in mma. ANd nobody outwrassled Stipe too.

Jones didn't dominate DC in wrassling, nobody dominated DC in wrestling in mma. ANd nobody outwrassled Stipe too.

True he didn't dominate him bu DC wasn't able to ragdoll him like he did with most other guys he fought , especially in the clinch.

True he didn't dominate him bu DC wasn't able to ragdoll him like he did with most other guys he fought , especially in the clinch.

No, Jones had excellent defence and held him at distance. DC couldn't get those hooks locked.

DC has the ability to out wrestle him. The problem is with him being 41 years old and being out of shape. He'd rather stand and trade to keep his gas tank in check.

Back