Has a round ever been scored 10-7

Pixel_Daddy

The Ultimate Manlet
@Blue
Reaction score
Just saw John Philips get rekt by chimaev and it got me thinking if this has ever happened in the history of the UFC.

I'm including point deductions in there too, not just complete ass whoopings

That was utter domination

Wasn't it TJ Dillashaw over someone with a 10-7 round too back in the day?

'Petz made his UFC debut at Ultimate Fight Night 6 against Sammy Morgan. He won via unanimous decision with one of the judges scoring the fight 30-23 including one of the only 10-7 rounds in UFC history. This is the most lopsided scorecard for a three-round fight in UFC history. Petz's 5 knockdowns of Morgan are also a UFC record.'

Just saw John Philips get rekt by chimaev and it got me thinking if this has ever happened in the history of the UFC.

I'm including point deductions in there too, not just complete ass whoopings

The thing about 10-7's is that you need to pretty much almost finish your opponent multiple times.

Edgar/Maynard 2 Rnd 1 for example

I think that in this case it was probably a 10-8

I was thinking Edgar vs Maynard first fight round 1 but I checked and it was 10-8 on all three cards, so I can't think of one.

Sal Damato gave a 10-7 for Rick Glenn vs Gavin Tucker

The score were all 30-24 I think. Vicious beatdown

10-7 round is extremely rare because if you give that score you are basically making it almost impossible for the loser of that round to win the fight by decision.

It is too much of a point deficit to make up.

Let's say Round 1 is a 10-7 score.

In the very unlikely event the loser of that round comes back and dominates his opponent 10-9 and 10-9 in the next rounds, he would STILL lose on the score cards because he got 7-10 in the first round.

I think Maia may have gotten a 10-7 from at least one judge in his brutalization of Gunnar Nelson

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back