Askren could have stopped the Nightmare that could be around for a while...

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
When Woodley was being suggested as a WW goat or whatever by many people on here, though they may deny it now, who predicted that he was going to lose very soon to Uzman, Colby or Askren whenever he fights them as he was the worst out four? I did.

When Askren was about to fight Maia, and so many people were writing off Maia, who said that Maia was the toughest fight that UFC could give to Askren? I did.

When so many people were riding on a journeyman Jorge's hype-bandwaggon, who said that he going to be whooped by Uzman? I did, and yes I made money off the hype and tears of clueless fans like you who bought that UFC hype.

Askren's career really turned out horribly in the UFC. But the guy that I saw in Bellator, had what it takes to beat Usman. And it might be hard to beat that guy. Colby came close, but Ben would actually have tried to wrestle Usman with the cardio to do it with.

And you see, when everyone was on Woodley's nuts and hate Colby, who said Colby is better than Woodley? I did. Woodley got destroyed, but Colby was tied at 2 a piece going into the fifth against Usman.

Masvidal was a gimme fight for Askren. I really was wrong on that one. Well not really. I thought it was going to take hail mary of all hail maries for Ben to lose. Yes, I will admit that. And it just took the fastest UFC ko of all time for him to win it, so I guess I was right. The hail mary of all hail maries happened.

Match ups make fights. I do believe Usman is a better match up for Askren than Lawlor and Maia. Of course you may disagree, but as the history shows, I'm probably right and you probably aren't.

Askren could have stopped the nightmare that may hang around for a while in the welterweight division...

askren had the wrestling, but not the stand up to beat usman.

and it's not like he looked invincible outside the UFC, take a look at what luis santos did to him.

Actually, Burns might have a shot, but not so sure. I still think Usman would be too much. I wouldn't say a good chance, but I think definitely possible, skill for skill.

Get used to this entertaining and charismatic Nigerian unit of a man being your WW champion for years to come

giphy.gif

LOL Askren beating Usman :D Askren could have gotten one round via pure wrestling and that is it. He lacked the ability to hurt fighters.

Hendricks got ouwrestled by Rick Story and Koscheck

No doubt Usman bullies him in clinch

I said Hendricks that showed up against GSP. And Koscheck is a better wrestler than Usman.

Hendricks got ouwrestled by Rick Story and Koscheck

No doubt Usman bullies him in clinch
Usmans style definitely isn’t exciting but it’s very effective

best shot of beating him stylistically would be prime gsp and bj

I said Hendricks that showed up against GSP. And Koscheck is a better wrestler than Usman.
Usman far better mma wrestler than hendricks and kos

koscheck couldnt outwrestle woodley lol, and not very good at clinch fighting against cage

Usman far better mma wrestler than hendricks and kos

koscheck couldnt outwrestle woodley lol, and not very good at clinch fighting against cage

Yeah cuz they aren't the same style fighters but fight finders doesn't tell you that or does it. Nor the highlights.

Yeah cuz they aren't the same style fighters but fight finders doesn't tell you that or does it. Nor the highlights.
koscheck in mma = double leg and nothing else. his tdd was suspect too

usman mauls d1 wrestlers for breakfast

Back