could durinho be a threat to usman?

BJJ_Rage

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I hope so, jesus usman is probably the biggest snoozer of all time, GSP included. Twood wasnt the most exiting fighter ever, but at least he could knock out anyone at any moment. Durinho has power, but it lacks reach (or so it seems), he has though and interesting mix of power and ground game, so may be the mix could put usman at risk, but I think usman will play another safe fight to take the decision.

I think he could be, Burns looks incredible against Woodley.

Usman's clinch game is going to be tough to beat. Kind of reminds me of a prime Randy Couture type strategy. The fence clinch is interesting because it's uniquely MMA - it doesn't really exist in wrestling, boxing, BJJ, etc.

I could see Usman doing relatively the same thing to Burns, but being a lot more wary of Burns on the ground.

Burns is a lot more explosive than Masvidal. Doubt he lets Usman keep him up to the cage

I think Usman will outstrike Burns on feet, no need for grappling

I think Burns matches up quite well with Usman tbh. He poses a legit submission threat which might make Usman think twice about constantly going for the takedown and is far better on the feet. I think that fight would be a striking match, and I think that favours Burns.

Burns is definitely difficult for Usman. One, Usman cannot take him down without fear of the submission. Burns was able to out-grapple Maia in that brief exchange they had before the K.O. He also outgrappled Nelson. On the feet, while Burns is still rough he has enough forward pressure to keep Usman honest. The way he decimated Tyron on the feet. It would be a difficult fight for Usman

I hope so, jesus usman is probably the biggest snoozer of all time, GSP included. Twood wasnt the most exiting fighter ever, but at least he could knock out anyone at any moment. Durinho has power, but it lacks reach (or so it seems), he has though and interesting mix of power and ground game, so may be the mix could put usman at risk, but I think usman will play another safe fight to take the decision.
I think Burns is a harder matchup for Usman. Usman will be working hard on his striking. He will probably keep it standing. Great matchups at WW. Now give Masvidal to either Colby or Leon (3 Piece and Soda Championsip). Woodley vs Colby or Leon. Book em Dana!

I think the covid blessed Snoozeman. I think if Burns made it to the fight last night we would have a new champ right now. I don't see the wall and stall working on Burns. That guy is an animal.

Yes. I think submissions and cardio is the key to overcome Usman's skillset.

A striker or a wrestler that has no submissions will lose 9 out of 10 regardless of what shape they are in. He is too good and doesn't make mistakes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back