Doo ho Choi vs Calvin Kattar

BluntForceTrama

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I'm match making again This is one of my bucket item fights I hope gets made at some point

both possess what I think are the best straight rights in the business

full extension, put the cig out, snappy good night type of straights

Both aren't that good on defense although I'd give the slight nod here to Kattar even tho he has A ridiculous punishment sustaining stats because he's a slow starter

Before people start dumping on DHC he hasn't had the best luck lately and has suffered 3 losses in a row albeit very spread out I feel he looked pretty good against Jourdain and it was his to lose which he did because he suffered a broken forearm but powered through into the 2nd round Very painful injury to have but I thought he was kicking Charles ass all things considered
I still have faith he'll be able to turn things around once he's done with conscription

this fight is bonkers though

Hopefully Shelby reads this and this plants a seed

tumblr_pst2fn0Pgf1rofocqo1_500.gifv
Choi-3.gif

I like Choi but Kattar would mess him up badly, probably one of the worst stylistic match-ups for Choi. Choi should fight a few unranked fighters to get back in the groove, not top 10 killers like Kattar lol.

I like Choi but Kattar would mess him up badly, probably one of the worst stylistic match-ups for Choi. Choi should fight a few unranked fighters to get back in the groove, not top 10 killers like Kattar lol.
Your opinion

I watch both very closely Have been

it's a great match and would be a war of attrition

Kattar has the best boxing in the ufc imo

Choi got lit up by Charles joudain

Choi has almost no patch to victory would bet on kattar with anything lower than 7/1 odds

Choi has almost no patch to victory would bet on kattar with anything lower than 7/1 odds
He had a broken forearm within the first minute of the fight
You try fighting like that

choi hasn’t won in 4 years bro - he’s no longer a young prospect

There’s levels to the game - just watch both Guys fights against Stephens to gauge their stand up
He's 28 yo

oh I don't doubt that Stephens fight He'll fuck up Ige Hell fuck up anyone who's too aggressive and comes in telegraphing
Let's see him fight someone with equally good hands

But he’s not longer a Legit prospect Because he’s been unable to stay healthy and evolve

in fact it looked like he has regressed and was in much worse shape
Well I'm not writing him off Quite yet If he was 32 or 33 yo I might see it your way

Kattar best boxing? Nah that goes to Nate Diaz, did you not see his inside game hitting the bag? A keyboard warrior told me that recently on here.

I agree Kattar boxing is pretty good.

Kattar best boxing? Nah that goes to Nate Diaz, did you not see his inside game hitting the bag? A keyboard warrior told me that recently on here.

I agree Kattar boxing is pretty good.
Lol Diaz? Have you seen that fools footwork and head movement? He lumbers around like a tree sloth

nice 1-2 I'll give you that but that's it

Kattar is the best boxer in the UFC without a doubt

Isnt Choi doing military service rn? Or did he return?

Choi was winning the first comfortably until the last minute. He half-dropped Jordain, and Charles admitted he was hurt. Jordain is a good striker that I expect to see enter the top 15 soon.

Choi just has some of the worst cardio at 45, and his defence is horrible when he's gassed.

I miss DHC. He looked great in his first three fights, then it went downhill :(

I hope he can recapture some momentum and tighten up his striking. He is pretty good offensively, but in exchanges he becomes to reckless.

Back