More unlikely outcome - Masvidal winning 50-43 or Usman knocking Masvidal out cold?

AI fanboy

Future Kimonos™
Banned
Reaction score
- I'd give Jorge a 5% chance of dominating Usman for all 5 rounds
- I'd give Usman a 10% chance of knocking Masvidal stiff

Usman is not devoid of power and it is a lot easier to KO a gassed fighter

If usman were to knock him out, I dont think it would be one shot. I could see him knocking him down then delivering a blow with mas on his back maybe. I think masvidals chances are in the first 2 and a half rounds.

Mas would have to score two 10-8 rounds in order for that to happen. One I could see, but never two. He'd be more likely to get a stoppage if he is doing that kind of damage consistently. I'm not at all impressed with Usman's finishing capabilities, but it's still far more probable than a 50-43 decision for Jorge.

Usman is not going to KO Masvidal. A TKO via ground strikes sure, but highly unlikely he knocks him out on the feet. Masvidal has a better chance of subbing Usman on the ground and if he’s smart, that’s how he’ll try to win the fight.

- I'd give Jorge a 5% chance of dominating Usman for all 5 rounds
- I'd give Usman a 10% chance of knocking Masvidal stiff

Usman is not devoid of power and it is a lot easier to KO a gassed fighter

Masvidal hasn't been finished with strikes in 12 years. I doubt that Usman is gonna be the one to do it.

I doubt either is likely

But mas is not dominating a 5 round decision

No chain hell

Just based on any two random fighters, KOs are a lot more common than 50-43s. A lot of judges will call a round 10-9 no matter what

On top of that, Masvidal's style specifically is one where he is just really hard to fight against, so he tends to have close, hard-to-score rounds.

I think with Pettis knocking out WB who at that point had never been knocked out and Pettis never obtaining a ko with punches before that bout should have put the stamp on a fighter succumbing to any ko loss despite who they are and who the opponent is isn't a stretch out of reality.

Just based on any two random fighters, KOs are a lot more common than 50-43s. A lot of judges will call a round 10-9 no matter what

Yep. The Nunes/Spencer fight convinced me that all of the supposed attempts by the UFC/commissions/whoever for judges to be more liberal with 10-8s or even 10-7s are for naught.

Neither are completely out of the realm of possibility.

Anyone can KO anyone cold in MMA, especially someone as strong and athletic as Usman.

I also think that Masvidal certainly is capable of winning a decision against Usman, not sure what a 50-43 one would look like with him winning. Probably him just hurting Usman very badly in round 1, and Usman never being able to recover and getting picked apart for 4 rounds.

I would probably say that the Usman KO one is more likely

Usman isn't a strong finisher.

Chances under 10 % are funny, mostly cuz they don't mean anything.

I'd give it a 6 % chance of Masvidal stopping Usman in the second round.
Does an 11% chance mean anything?

It's not like we're gonna see a huge sample of outcomes for Masvidal vs Usman, most predictions expressed through probability are kind of meaningless.

Jesus people just stop it. Usman gonna wrestlefuck Mas for 5r. He's like a stronger GSP, even more boring...

Back