Remember When People Liked Usman?

Ether13

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
...before and a little bit after the Woodley fight??

Oh, I memberrrrr.

He was MMA Twitter/Reddit's favourite fighter from October 28, 2017 - January 14, 2018

He KO'd Moraes in September, and Colby was the most hated fighter in MMA after he beat Maia in late October.

People jumped on his bandwagon because they thought he would be the one to teach Colby a lesson, but then he ruined it all in his next fight when he lay & prayed Meek then delivered the infamous "30%" post-fight speech.

I’ve liked him ever since the ultimate fighter. I still find it interesting that besides his loss obviously, Michael Graves was his toughest fight

I like Usman. Great fighter.

A lot of Sherdoggers gonna jump from Masvidal's wagon after this weekend. They'll buy a ticket for Usman's. It's Sherdog's history: people following a hype and jumping out as soon as that fighter losses.

i dont like people that come live in America, then represent their home country above the one they moved too, then have the nerve to say they are more American than people who were born and raised here.

Edit: that being said hes a good fighter and I could care less if he wins or loses because of it.

I don't dislike him, nor have I ever liked him. Hes a good fighter nevertheless.

I always liked him and still do. The "30%" controversy was just some BS imho. It never meant what Dana (and all other illiterate people) thought it meant.

He was never liked. Some people may have rooted for him to beat Colby due to Colby being even more unlikeable.

...before and a little bit after the Woodley fight??

Oh, I memberrrrr.
Before the Woodley fight, everyone was saying Woodley was going to win easily, he was a -175 favorite. Everyone made fun of Kamaru and called him Marty (even he himself lol), well people still do that. He has a lot of support from his Nigerian people tho, which is nice to see.

Nope, No recollection of Usman having any type of fan base, outside family members and training partners. Try watching an interview with this guy....
DazzlingPeriodicGnatcatcher-size_restricted.gif

I like Usman, I’ve just been a fan of Masvidal for a long time. Also a lot of people supported him leading up to the Covington fight lol

No, at least not in droves. People liked him relatively in comparison to Colby, though. I think he'll grow on people, like Woodley did before his last two bouts and falling in and out of love nonsense put him back to square zero...

Reactions: JAL
Usman was never my friend

- Sherdog

Back