Anyone else feel like Mas/Usman is a gonna be a draw?

JustAkidFrom209

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I did some research and found some surprising statistics, you see Masvidal is a strong starter, all of his KO/TKO wins were in the 1st or second round (with the exception of Nate Diaz). Thus, its likely he is gonna start strong and give all his best to put away Usman. I think its likely he drops Usman and hurts him bad the first 2 rounds and scores a 10-8 in one of those rounds.

Usman starts the fight slow usually, look at the Colby and Dos Anjos fights where the fight was very competitive in the first 2 rounds. Colby rocked him bad in the 2nd round, Mas can do the same but more.

However, Usman likely utillises this teep kicks and cage grinding, which will pay off in rounds 3-5 where he will get 10-9s and therefore I believe the fight scorecards come up to be something like 47-47. even if the fight is close it is absolutely in UFC's interest to book the rematch and further milk this rivalry.

So what do you think about my prediction Sherbros?

No, I don't feel that way at all...

I did some research and found some surprising statistics, you see Masvidal is a strong starter, all of his KO/TKO wins were in the 1st or second round (with the exception of Nate Diaz). Thus, its likely he is gonna start strong and give all his best to put away Usman. I think its likely he drops Usman and hurts him bad the first 2 rounds and scores a 10-8 in one of those rounds.

Usman starts the fight slow usually, look at the Colby and Dos Anjos fights where the fight was very competitive in the first 2 rounds. Colby rocked him bad in the 2nd round, Mas can do the same but more.

However, Usman likely utillises this teep kicks and cage grinding, which will pay off in rounds 3-5 where he will get 10-9s and therefore I believe the fight scorecards come up to be something like 47-47. even if the fight is close it is absolutely in UFC's interest to book the rematch and further milk this rivalry.

It is either a KO or TKO or Decision

I could definitely see it being a controversial decision, but draws are so rare

If u REALLY REALLY believe this as an outcome then throw some $$$$ on it cause it's a rare result and Usman is a 340 favorite so I would imagine a " draw" in this fight would bring back major cheddar.
I doubt it happens but it is a possibility.

So, according to Fight Matrix,
http://www.fightmatrix.com/ufc-records/ufc-fight-outcomes-by-weight-class/

In 1,051 WW fights there have been 6 draws (0.57%).

Which gives us overall odds of this WW fight ending in a draw of 1 in 175, or +17,444.

Go be a legend TS.

Last edited:
Masvidal will be on his back 2 mins in, Usman is not going to bang with him like he did with Colby. Colby was a threat on the ground, for all we know he could have outwrestled Usman. Masvidal doesn't have the same threat, his danger is on the feet, so naturally Usman will use his biggest strength which is wrestling.

Back