Is Masvidal vs Lima the best striking matchup that can be made in MMA?

TheSpider

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think so. Or Wonderboy Thompson vs Douglas Lima

UFC > Bellator Masvidal would eat this overrated bum for lunch.
Sorry haters suck it.

Lima assumed the mantle of most grossly overrated fighter outside of the UFC after he beat Rory.

I'm still amused by the fact that people were calling Rory the best WW in the world after he left the UFC on a losing streak.

Wonderboy made Jorge look like an amateur

Lima is a better version of Jorge
I just rewatched that fight yesterday, making him look like an amateur is a little much. Jorge actually did pretty solid minus getting dropped with a side kick and right hand

Man masvidal is overrated on here. He's not the best striker in the ufc and it's not really that close. He lost a pure striking battle a couple fights ago ffs.
Against the arguably best striker tho.

Masvidal striking is up there. He's top 10 in the ufc for sure, maybe not top 5 though.

On top of my head (in no particular order)
Izzy
Wonderboy
Luque (personnal fave)
Conman
Bones (although he looked like shit recently)
Yan
Poirier
Gaethje
Max

Mas is definatily in the mix

Edit: forgot to add Kattar. Big fan of his striking. By default, Zabit is also in there.

Last edited:
Best striking matchup in MMA and it doesn't have Izzy? No chance.

Man masvidal is overrated on here. He's not the best striker in the ufc and it's not really that close. He lost a pure striking battle a couple fights ago ffs.

Masvidal's and Wonderboy's feets were glued to floor. Footwork was verboten.

Lima assumed the mantle of most grossly overrated fighter outside of the UFC after he beat Rory.

I'm still amused by the fact that people were calling Rory the best WW in the world after he left the UFC on a losing streak.
Lima has dominated Rory 2X, Larkin, MVP, Daley, Koreshkov 2X, and prime Saunders 2X on the feet. He’s arguably the best striker in MMA

Last edited:
One of the most underrated striking matches in UFC history was Schevcenko vs Joanna. Doesn't get enough credit because it was a women's bout.

Valen's performance against Holly was pretty solid too.

Back