Aldo, Max, Masvidal

SteveColdStone

School of Self Awareness
@Silver
Reaction score
The three underdogs in their title fights. List from 1-3 who is the most likely to least likely to win their fights in your opinion. 1 being the most likely and 3 being the least likely. The winners will each get a special prize.

Funny shit I'm rooting for all 3 of those guys you just mentioned .sadly I think all 3 lose decisions

It happens.

EFLYY52WsAEB6oa.jpg

Aldo
Masvidal
Max

People are massively underestimating Aldo here I think. He's a significantly bigger man, longer reach, absorbed everything Marlon hit him with (Marlon hits harder than Yan). HUGE step up in competition for Yan. I can see Aldo walking down Yan and maybe finishing him early with a knee.
Jorge I can see pulling an upset early due to the late switch of opponents on Usman.
Think Max fight looks pretty much the same as the first one.

I want Mas, Aldo, and Volk to win.

What was the question again?

Volk has the highest chance of winning followed by Aldo then lastly Masvidal.

You’re the first one to use this combo. I was waiting for it. I am leaning towards this one myself.

I'm always on the Max war wagon but he don't look like the hungry young Max anymore after Dustin stole his soul for a second time

Aldo
Masvidal
Max

People are massively underestimating Aldo here I think. He's a significantly bigger man, longer reach, absorbed everything Marlon hit him with (Marlon hits harder than Yan). HUGE step up in competition for Yan. I can see Aldo walking down Yan and maybe finishing him early with a knee.
Jorge I can see pulling an upset early due to the late switch of opponents on Usman.
Think Max fight looks pretty much the same as the first one.
I’m struggling to have any confidence in Max. Volk just has his number imo, and Max can’t really adapt if he’s not able to train properly.

I’m still not sure on the Aldo one. I think Yan probably knocks him out but I’m going to rewatch Yan’s fights again. Aldo still has a chin at 35 but I feel that it may have been the worst he has ever looked. I will give him a break because it was his debut at 135 and he will never look as smooth as he did at 145, but it was weird to see Aldo plodding forward and eating punches that he shouldn’t have been eating. I still give him more of a chance than Max though.

Masvidal has the ability to put out Usman’s lights early and I have the most confidence in him, despite the less than ideal circumstances.

I'm always on the Max war wagon but he don't look like the hungry young Max anymore after Dustin stole his soul for a second time
It happens. Volk would always be a tough fight for him imo, but I feel like we have probably already seen the best Max.

1. Aldo
2. Masvidal
3. Max

It's strange - as I think right now Max might be the best of the 3, but it's hard to not factor in the evidence of the previous fight with Volkanowski. He didn't get beat down, but he didn't seem to have any answer for the leg kicks.

I think Aldo has a 40-45% chance to win, and Masvidal is extremely dangerous so would probably put him around 40%

All pretty close fights though IMO

Max and Aldo have the same shot IMO.

Jorge second.

Back