Some Fighters Might be Out for a While...

MMAProfessional

Golden Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Due to COVID-19. I work in a clinic that deals with this and some patients would go 3 months of continuous positive tests. Some patients would be asymptomatic and need to test negative for whatever reason but keep testing positive. Some would also be positive with symptoms then they would subside and get sick later to learn they are still positive (or maybe contracted it again.)

I think the pandemic is starting to catch up to the UFC since the lockdown has been lifted in placed and now they are paying for it.

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/29420449/ufc-fight-island-feature-safe-zone-increased-testing

Due to COVID-19. I work in a clinic that deals with this and some patients would go 3 months of continuous positive tests. Some patients would be asymptomatic and need to test negative for whatever reason but keep testing positive. Some would also be positive with symptoms then they would subside and get sick later to learn they are still positive (or maybe contracted it again.)

I think the pandemic is starting to catch up to the UFC since the lockdown has been lifted in placed and now they are paying for it.

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/29420449/ufc-fight-island-feature-safe-zone-increased-testing
Please post your credentials. I have 2 people in my home in healthcare, one who worked on a Covid floor in the height of this. The Covid floor is empty now and hospitals are hurting for revenue. This virus isn't a big threat to healthy people. In Sweden only 70 people died in the whole country under 50. They didn't lock down the country. The children never stopped going to school (under 16) and they didn't wear masks or practice extreme social distancing. They only limited gatherings to under 50 and no congregating at bars. The tests aren't very accurate. I know someone who tested positive that worked in healthcare. They had no symptoms, stayed home a week from work and then right back to the hospital with their coworkers (including one over 70 who is not in the greatest of health). The media and politicians are making people crazy with case statistics. Of course cases will go up if you reopen the country. It's the deaths that matter, not the asymptomatic cases. You can't really stop those. That's why the "flattening the curve". You can't stop the spread of airbone virus. It's up to your immune system. That's why young people are not being affected (except an outlier here or there which happens with the flu as well).

The CDC and WHO both recommend only 7 days of isolation after a positive test if you don't have symptoms.

Edit: Sorry CDC says 7 days WHO says 10.

Last edited:
Please post your credentials. I have 2 people in my home in healthcare, one who worked on a Covid floor in the height of this. The Covid floor is empty now and hospitals are hurting for revenue. This virus isn't a big threat to healthy people. In Sweden only 70 people died in the whole country under 50. They didn't lock down the country. The children never stopped going to school (under 16) and they didn't wear masks or practice extreme social distancing. They only limited gatherings to under 50 and no congregating at bars. The tests aren't very accurate. I know someone who tested positive that worked in healthcare. They had no symptoms, stayed home a week from work and then right back to the hospital with their coworkers (including one over 70 who is not in the greatest of health). The media and politicians are making people crazy with case statistics. Of course cases will go up if you reopen the country. It's the deaths that matter, not the asymptomatic cases. You can't really stop those. That's why the "flattening the curve". You can't stop the spread of airbone virus. It's up to your immune system. That's why young people are not being affected (except an outlier here or there which happens with the flu as well).
They did it in Korea, Taiwan, and Hong Kong.

I too turn to Sherdog when looking for expert policy advice.

Quarantine the UFC roster for a year

One of the biggest Crocks of shit ever !!

Meanwhile government collects millions of samples of DNA, tracks cell phone clusters, and comes up with more money out of thin air

<Lmaoo>

I'm not reading all that but in regards to credentials I'm not posting my personal information on sherdog but the clinic isn't in the hospital. They are patients who may have COVID but aren't sick enough for hospitalization. It's not a "threat" for younger people as in they won't likely die from it but they can still get sick and give it to older people. We've had symptomatic infants test positive so the notion that younger people can't get it is BS. Also a lot of younger people decided to travel and came back sick, testing positive.

Quarantine Larry David for a whole year.

Without the freedom to beep we are no better than the beasts in the field and I’m not talking about the common chicken, I’m talking about the mighty oxen and the donkey! With his floppy ears and his pea brain and his stolid slack-jawed gaze. A revolting creature, if there ever was one who walked the earth!

Not many fighters have gotten it. That sounds like an outlier scenario and not the norm. Also, what about the hundreds of thousands of recoveries? Nobody talks about that fucking shit. The media just keeps spouting the total from beginning to present. They'll make you believe that there's 3 million US citizens walking around with it right now which is absolutely not true. There's nearly 1 million, a third of the current US cases, that have recovered. There are more recovered cases than active cases across the world. I just sick and tired of constantly hearing about the totals and death counts and nobody talks about the good news. I don't give a fuck if there have been 100+ number of cases reported in my town but there are only a freaking handful of people who actively have it.

This getting better and then getting sick again is similar to the A-virus of about 15 years ago or even pneumonia. Airways don't clear completely of slime and the infection comes back, sometimes stronger. I had both.

The shallow throat coughing means the slime is deeper, and when it opens up to a loose cough you have to spit as much out as possible (not swallow) so that the infection doesn't come back.

If that can't be done the disease doesn't discriminate. It'll come back again regardless of which shape you're in. Only the size of the infection varies. For top fighters it means they'll all likely survive, but will have to endure, and can't fight.

Last edited:
Both Burns and Munhoz train in Florida. Both just tested positive
Yeah here there were people who traveled there and came back sick and every single person was + (there weren't a large amount but every one who went there was positive.)

Back