Let’s say Aldo wins

What should his next move be?

I say retire on the spot.
Thoughts?
Jose-Aldo-and-Dominick-Cruz-478x270.jpg

aljamain-sterling-petr-yan.jpeg

I’d say retire, but if he looks great then perhaps continue. I have a bad feeling Aldo is going to stay in MMA for too long. In a way he already has. I give him respect for still having the desire to be the best though.

He'll do whatever he wants. It's hard to tell a guy that just won a title that it's time to retire. I wouldn't mind seeing him defend against Sterling, but it all depends on what he wants to achieve in the sport. I don't think I'd be mad regardless of what he chooses

I think Aldo retiring on top after becoming a two division champion is totally plausible. Someone mentioned he's 33, yeah he's about to turn 34 and he's more like 33 going on 60.

He's had 34 pro MMA fights, on top of how many amateur fights in Brazil? And how many gym wars? Safe bet a ton of them considering Nova Uniao is known for that I think.

But on the other hand, if he can get an "easy" / "big money" fight, which seems less likely at 135 but...Cruz or Cejudo coming back to fight him, then maybe he does that.

The dudes only 33 years old calm down.

It would be Aldo V Aljo. They've already said Sterling is next.
He's 33 but in fight years he's definitely older. He has a lot of mileage on him, he's been fighting top ranked opponents for 11 years. Retirement isn't exactly out of the question for Aldo

He won't retire. Not that he shouldn't but he's still relatively young (despite long career) & that's just not in the brazilian nature.

Anderson? Bigfoot Silva? The return of TRT Belfort? Wanderlei Silva? Shogun? Just don't know many legends from Brazil who call it quits early.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back