News Masvidal calls out UFC over revenue split in Sportscenter interview.

Phisher

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score

This is an excerpt.

He's been annoying me lately with this shtick, but I applaud him for doing this. The revenue split is ridiculous, and it would be illegal if there were an equivalent to the Ali Act in MMA.

Hope that the mainstream sports media actually takes notice of the number of elite level fighters beefing with the UFC over pay right now.

Honestly ever since its become a point of fact from court testimony that the UFC has been paying an average of 18% of total revenue to fighters, I cannot fathom anyone defending it.

It is an absurdly bad deal for fighters.

Amazing how Masvidal turned from a badass guy that would fight anybody anytime for little to no money to a crybaby once he got some sort of belt, i never seen anyone get some sort of title and change so rapidly.

I do feel him but it just doesnt feel like Masvidals speaking anymore lol

Honestly ever since its become a point of fact from court testimony that the UFC has been paying an average of 18% of total revenue to fighters, I cannot fathom anyone defending it.

It is an absurdly bad deal for fighters.

It's actually ridiculous that they've been allowed to fly under the radar like this.

The entire way that they do business, from the restrictive contracts to the low pay, is a throwback to pro sports before free agency.

...and Masvidal wasn't even making the proper comparison. The revenue split for team sports is 50/50, but boxing promoters have to pay out at least 80% of revenue to their fighters.

It's actually ridiculous that they've been allowed to fly under the radar like this.

The entire way that they do business, from the restrictive contracts to the low pay, is a throwback to pro sports before free agency.

...and Masvidal wasn't even making the proper comparison. The revenue split for team sports is 50/50, but boxing promoters have to pay out at least 80% of revenue to their fighters.

this is why boxing rarely ever has the fights fans want to see. UFC always delivers when it comes to the best fighting the best because of it’s business model.

The fighters don't deserve a dime more than they're getting currently
Finally someone who I can agree with re: fighter pay.

Some fighters should be paid more though, $6k a fight isn’t cool but millions? No way.

Also it’s absurd so many people hating on the UFC over pay, it’s a fucking business and whilst the UFC are scum they want their piece too.

Mas is still one of my favorite fighters to watch regardless of his opinions.

Masvidal going full Antifa communist. This is capitalist shit homie. Don't like what your boss is paying you go find a better paying job. Murica bless.

LOL @ this shit. You think that the middle class in the US and other Western countries is an organic result of the free market?

Workers got dick in the early days of capitalism. All job-related benefits were literally fought for.

I’ll always side with the fighters over the UFC

The UFC has been conning their fighters for years. It’s about time UFC start paying their fighters more. 18% is a joke
100% just wish motherfuckers sided with dj when he was doing the same. Ufc is exploiting fighters and journalists are too scared to ask dana about it

As a journeyman Masvidal would make peanuts while Usman would make 20 Mil so who he wouldn't make more even if there was a better revenue split.

this is why boxing rarely ever has the fights fans want to see. UFC always delivers when it comes to the best fighting the best because of it’s business model.

LOL

The proliferation of promoters and sanctioning bodies in boxing has nothing to do with a legally mandated revenue split.

The NFL and the other major sports leagues pay 50/50 and are still effective monopolies in their respective sports.

Also, LOL @ the notion that boxing never produces big fights and that the UFC always delivers. The UFC just shut down the most interesting fight that can be made because Dana didn't feel like paying for it. In fact, Dana shuts down fights that would sell all the time if he thinks that they'll aren't in the interest of the promotion.

Back