Fighter Unions / More Pay Etc

MikeK1989

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
The UFC is running into the same issue that the NFLPA runs into every time a new deal needs to be reached. The older, veteran fighters want more money and more this and more that because theyve given up a lot for the sport, but theyll never be able to get the young guys on board because the young kids havent gotten paid hardly anything.

If Jones and Masvidal sit out no one really cares. I certainly dont. Over the years the UFC has basically lost Conor, lost Ronda, GSP, Silva etc etc etc and the show goes on.

Fighters need to realize this - Fighting in the UFC and Fighting to become rich and famous are mutually exclusive. Besides a handful,select few of course.

Fighters need to realize this - Fighting in the UFC and Fighting to become rich and famous are mutually exclusive. Besides a handful,select few of course
It also helps being virtually the only game in town. The UFC holds a monopoly on mma. They know that the fighters can't make more outside of their org which gives them stranglehold type bargaining power..

Fighter - "I think I deserve more money..

UFC - This is what we're offering you..

Fighter - (looks at offer) I think I deserve more..

UFC - Nah, well good luck finding the money you want. Take care..

Fighter - Okay I'll sign..

UFC - <{jackyeah}>

It also helps being virtually the only game in town. The UFC holds a monopoly on mma. They know that the fighters can't make more outside of their org which gives them stranglehold type bargaining power..

Fighter - "I think I deserve more money..

UFC - This is what we're offering you..

Fighter - (looks at offer) I think I deserve more..

UFC - Nah, well good luck finding the money you want. Take care..

Fighter - Okay I'll sign..

UFC - <{jackyeah}>

You're exactly right. Fighters who just broke into the UFC or young fighters need to understand this. If your goal is to make money, sign with Bellator immediately. If your goal is to fight the best and be the best while making a decent chunk of change, pick the UFC.

The UFC is basically a monopsony. It should be regulated by the state.

Back