Media Anderson Silva sends his best friend a video, with an update on the Conor fight

Psychedelic

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

715863560781299723.png

How many threads have there been with this video?

Silva may be serious about the McGregor fight, but it will never happen. UFC wants McGregor to be a champion again, fighting Silva wont get him there. Besides, fights with Diaz again, Masvidal, Khabib, Usman are all legit big money fights, why waste him on a sideshow fight?

Silva may be serious about the McGregor fight, but it will never happen. UFC wants McGregor to be a champion again, fighting Silva wont get him there. Besides, fights with Diaz again, Masvidal, Khabib, Usman are all legit big money fights, why waste him on a sideshow fight?
He was offered Usman. He declined (refused to take it or even respond). Usman is too tough a challenge, Conor 2.0 takes only gimme fights against old farts with a name.

Can't wait for Conor vs BJ Penn for the interim LW belt, followed by Conor vs Matt Hughes for the interim WW belt and Conor vs Silva for the interim MW belt. Maybe even Conor vs Frank Shamrock for the interim LHW belt and Conor vs Mark Coleman for the interim HW belt.

Conor 3.0 ends up having interim belts in every UFC division - since Dana pulls any amount of interim belts out of his ass for any favorite poster child of his.

Last edited:
GTFO. The history of this sport is based on weight/size differences (even within weight classes). If Dom and GSP were booked to fight, you telling me you wouldn't watch it?

5eSv.gif
I would even watch GSP fighting Nunes. Did I say I wouldn't watch silva vs mcgregor ?

So Dana aint paying Jones, Cruz and Masvidal what they want, but all of a sudden he will be paying Conor and Silva a crazy amount of money, i a fight his cash cow could very easily lose.
No way.

So Dana aint paying Jones, Cruz and Masvidal what they want, but all of a sudden he will be paying Conor and Silva a crazy amount of money, i a fight his cash cow could very easily lose.
No way.

Conor is bigger draw than Jones & Masvidal combined. It's all about return on investment for the UFC.

Nothing wrong with Jones, Masvidal, and anyone else negotiating the highest amount they can. Does anyone know how many fights they have left under contract?

I would even watch GSP fighting Nunes. Did I say I wouldn't watch silva vs mcgregor ?
Dom takes it. GSP can't strike for shit, and Doms wrestling is easily good enough to keep it on the feet.

It's hilarious how he's talking about already cutting weight, like a guy showing up to his dream job asking where they want him to work today

Those ads on the beginning of his videos suck. Good for him for getting some sponsor money but I'm less inclined to watch his videos now.

Silva is my favorite fighter but there is no way in hell this would be a fair matchup in terms of size/physical measurements. Maybe Silva being so far out of his prime evens things up more though. I don’t see how Conor would win this fight.

Dom takes it. GSP can't strike for shit, and Doms wrestling is easily good enough to keep it on the feet.
I agree, we saw what serra did to the bum GSP, imagine what the GOAT BW would do !

Shit, with how well the UFC treats Conor they'd give him a shot off of Silva. Win or lose, Dana would say "The guy fought Anderson fucking Silva. How can you not give him a title shot? Isn't he fucking awesome?".

I agree, we saw what serra did to the bum GSP, imagine what the GOAT BW would do !
Exactly. Especially with Doms KO power, dom would put him out in a round EZ.

Back