Media TheAthletic.com fighters survey about who the GOAT is , confirms once again what we already knew.

rushbeg

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://theathletic.com/1856943/2020/06/05/fighters-vote-mma-goat-pound-for-pound-best/

The Athletic compiled a survey asking multiple anonymous fighters about who the GOAT is , The results are below.

• Georges St-Pierre - 35.7%
  • Jon Jones - 22.2%
  • Anderson Silva - 13.5%
  • Demetrious Johnson - 9.4%
  • Fedor Emelianenko - 5.3%
  • Khabib Nurmagomedov - 2.3%
  • Conor McGregor - 1.2%
  • Dan Henderson - 1.2%
  • Matt Hughes - 1.2%
  • B.J. Penn - 1.2%
Yet another legit research and poll confirms what most people knew , that GSP is the greatest of all time.

I wonder how hurt GSP haters feelings who were holding claim into anncient / inaccurate poll of fighters opinion in the GOAT.to discredit GSP. Not only that didn't mean much then but it means even less now.

It seems that the majority of MMA fighters just like the majority of educated MMA fans and pundits consider GSP as the GOAT (Rightfully so).

In before the multiple account holding, lunatic Silva fans come pouring in with the standard excuses as to why this poll/article (along with most of the others) isn’t an accurate depiction of people’s opinions.

I think personal bias would need to be factored considering Jones is pretty much hated by fighters due to his track record of PED, eye pokes etc He's bound to receive less votes.
That’s a good point. But I also think those reasons for bias are legitimate.

It’s also interesting to note though that Silva has beaten one fighter who received votes and GSP has beaten two but Jones hasn’t beaten any.

In before the multiple account holding, lunatic Silva fans come pouring in with the standard excuses as to why this poll/article (along with most of the others) isn’t an accurate depiction of people’s opinions.
I wonder how known gsp-hating shills such as @20falarVerdades , @TheSpider and @gono btw are gonna react to these news.

Lol. That science bullshit forgets the fact that BJ Penn was Hawaiian and beat ass with sick moves and aggression. Just super cool as fuck. So fuck GSP, fuck Silva, fuck Jones, BJ is still GOAT to me godammit.

Nerd.

penn is the GOAT of fighting in multiple weight classes and winning.

He’s got wins from 155 all the way to 185, plus a close decision loss to Machida at heavyweight ffs.

Hendo is my second pick, wins from 185 to heavyweight. Only tainted by TRT, but it was legal and he never went over allowable usage.

Hendo, Hughes, Conor, Khabib, and DJ over the FW GOAT Jose Aldo (9 title defenses, 18 fight win streak, 10 years undefeated)?

HW GOAT Fedor (27 fight win streak, 10 years undefeated) only got 5% of votes?

This list is garbage
Probably because it is based on people picking an #1 GOAT rather than giving their whole top 5 or top 10 GOAT list?

Aldo is definitely an top 5 GOAT , He definitely is above guys like you've mentioned + Jones and Silva.

Awards voted on by your peers are the most meaningful.

99.9% of the people on this forum or the people who participate in MMA media have no real idea what it's like to fight.

All this “GOAT” talk is so confusing to me. Jones has to be the obvious answer to anyone who’s followed MMA for longer than 10years.

He’s won every fight and cleaned out 3 generations of fighters in his weight class. GSP can be 2nd sure, but I don’t think it’s even close.

Hmm Mighty Mouse over Fedor it’s safe to say that a lot of the voters suffer from CTE and mental health issues
AV checks out, i’m sure you’re an expert at all but i’m going to side with professional fighters on this one. Anyways one of the two fighters consistently fought opponents who were actually skilled in all facets of mma while the other fought one dimensional dinosaurs and japanese wwe guys. Can you tell me who is who?

Back