If Felicia goes the distance

Martialbeef

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Is she automatically the most durable WMMA fighter of all time? Going a combined 8 rounds with Cyborg and Nunes...

She ate shots both to the body and skull by Cyborg, Nunes arguably hits harder so we will see how she does...

i think Nunes gets her out of there before the fourth but I’d have an insane respect if she went the distance

If she can get out of the first round and a half her chances go way up.

Nunes doesn't have heart and will either start to play it safe and only do enough to squeak out a Dec which Spencer can capitalize on that push the pace - unlike cyborg - nunes will not keep her aggressiveness once she starts to tire and does not take her out quickly.

2 fights here:

Rounds 1 -2
Survive the first two rounds; in particular the 1st round without taking too much damage. Don't After the initial blitz if she;s still standing then use combination punching and kicks to close the distance and get the clinch. Make nunes work a bit those first two round - nunes will dictate early (as she always does); if spencer gets out of that first blitz start to fight her fight a bit (obviously be weary of getting in to any exchanges).

Rounds 3-5
Pretty simple. Push the pace even more. She took some big shots from Cris and keep fighting back - nunes may have beat her but cris has the better stamina (heart) and nunes will not push the fight when she starts to fatigue. Throw harder combinations that chain in to clinch or takedown attempts. Even she doesn't get her down make nunes work, inside work (dirty boxing). If she can make nune work she'll eventually get her takedown and if GDR can almost sub nunes spencer sure as hell can.

I think Nunes' power is different from Cyborg's in that she is more accurate and has one shot power compared to Cyborg who finishes fights with punches in bunches. Not sure which is more impressive to survive against. Probably Nunes because it will be 5 rounds.

IF Nunes unloads on Spencer and IF Felicia survives, she has a claim to best chin in WMMA. But, when I think of tough, gritty fighters at 135/145, one of the first names that comes up is Pennington....and she got hit so hard and so many times by Nunes that she just wanted to give up and die. So...I wouldn't be too optimistic about Spencer absorbing a lot of Nunes's punches.

Jarl

She was getting beaten up pretty bad in her last fight before getting the takedown. If it stays on the feet and it goes the distance she's probably going to end up with some serious CTE in the future.

I can’t help but think about that Weili vs Joanna fight and feel that one of those ladies has to be in the discussion.
Nah fam Joanna got starched by Rose that has to exclude her from the conversation. Weili might be a shout though.

Kind of a shallow pool to choose from. Shevchenko might be a good shout though given she's clearer smaller than Nunes but lasted the distance both fights and arguably could have almost won one of them.

She fights very defensively and avoids most damage. Spencer just walks forward eating shots. She's like the Roy Nelson of that division without the power.

giphy.gif

I don't know if her "Homer Simpson" strategy will work vs the Drederick Tatum of WMMA

this fight is joke, even for wmma standards

It makes her a highly paid punching bag

WAR FEET-LICIOUS SPENCER!!!!!!!!

Felicia-Spencer-Feet-5036514.jpg

Damn, Got chin? That thing is sticking out there just asking to be be cracked. I might have to change my pick from spencer via 3rd sub to Nunes via breaking her chin.

Also,

surprised no one posted this. Disappointing.

<mma3><KhabibBS><{nope}><{hughesimpress}><{cruzshake}>

Back