News Ian Heinisch pulled from UFC 250 due to cornerman testing positive for Covid-19

sdpdude9

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
“A person expected to corner at UFC 250 on Saturday has tested positive for COVID-19.

According to a source close to the situation, a cornerman for Ian Heinisch has tested positive for COVID-19. As a result, Heinisch was removed from his UFC 250 bout against Gerald Meerschaert for precautionary reasons.

Multiple sources told MMA Junkie the positive test was cause for concern among numerous other athletes and teams on the ground, especially fighters who had recently been around Heinisch. The UFC was unavailable for comment at the time of publication.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020...ent&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

Hopefully the garbage main event gets scrapped so we can see Sandhagen and Sterling go at it for 5 rounds

That sucks I chose the ex con for that fight. Cornerman gonna catch a prison beating now, mess up my money...

We all knew this would happen with some fights. We better get used to it, cause it's the new normal for the next several months. I'll gladly take that in exchange for actually getting to watch consistent fight cards while all other sports are shut down.

We all knew this would happen with some fights. We better get used to it, cause it's the new normal for the next several months. I'll gladly take that in exchange for actually getting to watch consistent fight cards while all other sports are shut down.
Stuff is coming back. Premier league end of this month, NBA end of July. Shakur Stevenson fights next week.

Never heard of the dude. Card full of nobodys now with 1 less nobody!

Hopefully the garbage main event gets scrapped so we can see Sandhagen and Sterling go at it for 5 rounds

I hate when they put no.1 contender fights as 3-rounders. Condit-Hendricks comes to mind who were the co-main and a clear title shot fight, Condit was pouring it on in the third and would've easily won with a 5-rounder..

So what if Ian and the rest of his team/crew still test negative...why can't they just go on without???

I don’t have a problem with pulling the fighter and I appreciate the safety approach. I hope he gets somewhat compensated because out of his control but good job on UFC for taking precautionary measures. Imagine the shit storm if not.

Damn i'd be a little tilted if I didn't have the rona but my cornerman did and I got pulled because of it. Did you wash your fucking hands bro?

Why are they spending time around each other?

Pretty sure they aren't supposed to until test results are back.

Shit I really hope more don’t get it and the card gets bagged. Chances of that?

Back