Why can’t fighters design their own rebok fight kit?

• Thread starter Deleted member 359865
  • Start date
they let some (Conor, Cowboy, Camo-redneck-kid, etc)

for established fighters... i think they were close.

i think by the time they considered limited customs, they realized they may not renew Reebok..

no sense in individual uniforms that will get pulled..

Does anyone have an answer to this?

Because no one in the UFC or Rebok marketing departments have your vision, apparently.

Not snark. This seems like a pretty good and obvious idea. Companies will make a Jordan sneaker. Or a Shaq or Kobe one. People shell out obscene amounts of money for the official Gronk or Brady jersey.

So why not a Rose-specific fight kit design? Or Romero. Or Khabib?

Maybe the problem is that, if it's specific to a fighter, they will want/need a cut of that. But still, I have to think the identity-bump in sales would be more than worth cutting fighters in for a share.

Heck, my masters sports club got really cool customized competition gear/schwag at almost nothing more than just the generic stuff costs.

Late in the game to be asking this. Soon Reebok will be gone. It could have been something worth a thought in the beginning but Reebok had their idea and UFC just wanted the fighters screwed out of their sponsors.

It's not about it being ugly,bad design or weird color.

It's about brand recognition over fighter recognition. Individual Kits for fighters would be fantastic for the sport interest and money wise for many fighters.

I believe it could help build Reebok up Personally as well. Seems they think Giblert shirts in his own colors would be horrible.

Reebok couldn’t andle GSP’s riddum.

A few stripes, and a rising sun might really blow the minds of those Reebok fashion designers. It’s ok.

Have you seen how fighters dress? Don’t most of them have horrible fashion sense? Some of them are still wearing affliction clothing and true religion jeans.

Late in the game to be asking this. Soon Reebok will be gone. It could have been something worth a thought in the beginning but Reebok had their idea and UFC just wanted the fighters screwed out of their sponsors.
Considering they charged a considerable amount to be an sponsor, plus whatever the sponsor pays the fighter, they must had a pretty good deal themselves going with Reebok, or the number of companies paying to sponsor fighters were very low.

Why can’t fighters design their own rebok fight kit?

No fashion sense...

Because no one in the UFC or Rebok marketing departments have your vision, apparently.

Not snark. This seems like a pretty good and obvious idea. Companies will make a Jordan sneaker. Or a Shaq or Kobe one. People shell out obscene amounts of money for the official Gronk or Brady jersey.

So why not a Rose-specific fight kit design? Or Romero. Or Khabib?

Maybe the problem is that, if it's specific to a fighter, they will want/need a cut of that. But still, I have to think the identity-bump in sales would be more than worth cutting fighters in for a share.

Heck, my masters sports club got really cool customized competition gear/schwag at almost nothing more than just the generic stuff costs.
I think it would have been a logical next step to grow the promotion after taking a couple of steps back by stripping them of unique sponsorships.

Because they are fighters and most of them have really bad taste, have you seen a load of their tattoos?

Because they are fighters and most of them have really bad taste, have you seen a load of their tattoos?
When we worked with the sports equipment/apparel company, THEY did most of the design work, where we made some basic choices about general theme and color scheme, and then they gave up options to choose. I don't think anyone is suggesting that all the fighters get to design their own stuff, from start to finish.

Also, the main reason why I'm responding - There's a "I lost because my ridiculous walk-out costume was so heavy it sapped my legs" reference being asked for there, I think.

76c9a3d011654b51a8eaf368bf5ea3fa_xl.jpg

Because a multi million dollar company isn't going to let Karate fighters design their marketing materials? Besides, which fighters get to decide what they are all going to wear? You're sure not going to get 50 different designs approved. That kind of defeats the purpose.

The whole point of Reebok was to create a "uniform." Fighters designing their own gear is contrary to one of the reasons Reebok was brought in.

Because a multi million dollar company isn't going to let Karate fighters design their marketing materials? Besides, which fighters get to decide what they are all going to wear? You're sure not going to get 50 different designs approved. That kind of defeats the purpose.

So, are you under the impression that Michael Jordan actually designed the Air Jordan shoe?

Back