Rank the LHW champions

Oldman1

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Rate the UFC LHW Champions, i.e. if they went into a tournament with the skillset they had when they were LHW champions, how would you seed them. Ill start

1. JJ * PED issues.
2. DC
3. Rampage
4. Chuck
5. Randy
6. Tito
7. Lyoto
8. Rua
9. Rashad
10. Forest
11. Vitor
12. Frank shamrock

Damn Chuck, Tito and maybe Randy are alittle too high on that list.

Vitor was LHW champ for 1 fight cause he sliced Randy's eye. Why is he even on here

Vitor was LHW champ for 1 fight cause he sliced Randy's eye. Why is he even on here

Because he was LHW champ for 1 fight...

He is basically last in my list, with only frank below purely as im ignorant to his ability.

Move them down below rashad maybe?

IDK. Like the Rashad Evans that fought Chuck Liddell was green as hell and obviously Liddell was at his worst. I'd say the Rashad that fought Jon Jones was near his peak. I can see Evans beating most of those guys on the list minus Jon jones. Randy vs Evans would be a interesting fight.

Rate the UFC LHW Champions, i.e. if they went into a tournament with the skillset they had when they were LHW champions, how would you seed them. Ill start

1. JJ * PED issues.
2. DC
3. Rampage
4. Chuck
5. Randy
6. Tito
7. Lyoto
8. Rua
9. Rashad
10. Forest
11. Vitor
12. Frank shamrock
Are you ranking careers, careers at LHW, careers in UFC, time as champs, or some combination thereof?

For example, does Randy's accomplishments at HW or Shoguns accomplishments in Pride count?

IDK. Like the Rashad Evans that fought Chuck Liddell was green as hell and obviously Liddell was at his worst. I'd say the Rashad that fought Jon Jones was near his peak. I can see Evans beating most of those guys on the list minus Jon jones. Randy vs Evans would be a interesting fight.

The beating lyoto put on rashad though was what put him down the list for me.

Are you ranking careers, careers at LHW, careers in UFC, time as champs, or some combination thereof?

For example, does Randy's accomplishments at HW or Shoguns accomplishments in Pride count?

Just the portion of the career when they were UFC LHW champions.

The beating lyoto put on rashad though was what put him down the list for me.

Styles make fights I suppose. I can easily see Lyoto beating any version of Tito or Couture and maybe even prime Rampage.

Just the portion of the career when they were UFC LHW champions.
Ahh. Then #12 is definitely Vitor.

Jones, Chuck, Frank, Tito, Randy, DC, Rampage, Machida, Rua, Rashad, Forrest, Vitor

If it were just about ANY other criteria, I would not have pre-TUF champs doing so well vs post-TUF champs.

You're pretty much spot on i'll make a few changes

1. JJ *
2. Rampage
3. Chuck
4. DC
5. Randy
6. Tito
7. Rua
8. Lyoto
9. Vitor *
10. Frank shamrock
11. Rashad
12. Forest

Isn't that pretty much every one of them?

Quite a few. Rua, Rashad, Forest, vitor have zero.

Rampage and Machida have 1 each, but most think machida shouldn't have 1, and somethink that rampage should have 2 and forest shouldn't be here.

12. Frank SHamrock
11. Forest
10. Vitor
9. Rashad
8. Rampage
7. Rua
6. Lyoto
5. Randy
4. Tito
3. Chuck
2. DC
1. Jones

I am baised, I don't think Rampage was that great of a champ given his defense against Hendo. He lost the belt to Forrest and I don't even like Forrest(I respect them both of course)

Why didn't you consider the possibility that he's ranking who's best at fighting?

He even implies as much by talking about a hypothetical tournament with seeding.

I would rank them by looking at how they'd all match up with each other, in their primes, by looking at my view of their skills and styles.

Since it’s about seeding Im focusing more on who Id favor to win not overall resume

Jon Jones
DC
Shogun
Lyoto
Rashad
Rampage
Chuck
Randy
Forrest
Frank
Tito
Vitor