Post Pulsing Jones

Ackmed

Silver Belt
Reaction score
After his 3rd bust for PED usage JJ knew he cant fail a 4th test so finally laid off PED usage....then found himself barely winning two 48-47 decisions once the playing field was leveled.

To avoid risking a Reyes rematch or possibly a HW battle with Nganmou, DC or Stipe, all of which he'd likely lose, he's taking the easy way out pretending that he fell out with the UFC over $ to try to maintain GOAT status amongst casuals.

<JonesLaugh>

All natty
jones-transform.jpg

Makes sense to me.

But I'm biased.

He looks like soft and pudgy now that he is off the roids

To be fair Jon has been proving everybody wrong since the beginning of his career so until he actually looses then I won't doubt him in any of those match ups

To be fair Jon has been proving everybody wrong since the beginning of his career so until he actually looses then I won't doubt him in any of those match ups

He lost his last fight. Judges used that fight to educate the next generation during a training session they showed the fight and the correct answer for judges-in-training was that Reyes won

Whether JJ is arguing with Dana to give appearance that he fell out with the UFC when in actuality he wants to retire because he knows he cant continue winning without PED-violating
One way or another, I think most posters agree, Ackmed. Age, wear and tear, or PEDs, Jon really seems to be using this situation to avoid fighting the heavyweight he called out - or the man who just recently nearly dethroned him.

Jones: Let me show you that I can fail another test!

Exactly what most of us have been thinking. Jon isn’t exactly the most honest of guys.

After his 3rd bust for PED usage JJ knew he cant fail a 4th test so finally laid off PED usage....then found himself barely winning two 48-47 decisions once the playing field was leveled.

"Winning."
His appearance and performance do suggest he's eased off the juice, but I'm not convinced you've pinpointed the reason why. I mean, they pioneered the "pulsing" exemption for the sake of letting him compete after popping and he keeps getting choice opportunities after screwing up, so why would he take so seriously the prospect of finally getting more than a slap on the wrist?

Watch and see his immunity to USADA tests mysteriously fade away the longer he deny to fight for the UFC.

One way or another, I think most posters agree, Ackmed. Age, wear and tear, or PEDs, Jon really seems to be using this situation to avoid fighting the heavyweight he called out - or the man who just recently nearly dethroned him.

I agree with this.

Not sure if I would pin his decline purely on PEDs, but it's probably one factor. It seems like he's physically/mentally tired of the game and isn't performing as he used to for whatever reason, and was looking to cash out big and walk away for good with a last big pay day.

Now that it was denied, the risk vs reward of possibly losing to a challenger isn't that attractive. I think he is so far superior to Jan that it shouldn't matter, if he wanted to take that.

But I also wouldn't be surprised if he pulls a Cruz/GSP/CCC and "retires" for 1 or 2 years and then comes back when he can find a challenger with some hype that he can make good money against, or when his money has run out.

Only fight he tested positive Jones
GettyImages-824376484.jpg

Natural Bones
320.jpg

Huge difference. Bum relied on roids his entire career.

Back