Jones is the last goat standing

Hirashin

This is not a profession
Banned
Reaction score
...the last ufc star now that CCCehudo is retired. There will be no stars and dominant fighters left in the ufc if Jones leaves ufc tomorrow. Combine that with the Conora situation and fanless events, it doesn't look too good for the ufc right now.

Do you think ufc can survive Jones leaving?

Conora situation

giphy.gif

The UFC will be just fine without Jones. It’ll certainly be more legitimate.

No stars left in the UFC? Compared to Jones and Cejudo? That's just not true.

I feel like Khabib and Adesanya could be GOATs in the making. Borrachinha, McGregor, Masvidal, Gaethje all have a lot going for them. Bantamweight is as hype as ever, Lightweight is the best its been in years, MW is looking decent with Costa vs Adesanya and then Cannonier, Till and Shahbazyan moving up the ranks. Featherweight is looking awesome as always and Ngannou at HW could really be a draw.

The UFC just signed a 1.5billion contract with ESPN. I feel like things are going alright besides the obvious pandemic.

...the last ufc star now that CCCehudo is retired. There will be no stars and dominant fighters left in the ufc if Jones leaves ufc tomorrow. Combine that with the Conora situation and fanless events, it doesn't look too good for the ufc right now.

<KhabibBS>

Yes, the UFC will survive if Jon leaves.

The whole Ngannou super fight thing is kind of weird to me because Ngannou isn't even champion. Jon should have called out Stipe. If Jon wins, he faces DC at HW for DC's final fight. That would have been a nice scenario if it played out...but it won't.

Drug cheats ain't GOATS, this means Silva, Jones and any other roid heads that got busted for "dick pills" and "tainted meat".

Pilowfist, decision machine Jones has ONE finish in over SEVEN years, wonder why that is ?

No one cares about Jones. He's not a huge draw by any standards. Let him go. A slight difference that no one will notice.

Yes, the UFC will survive if Jon leaves.

The whole Ngannou super fight thing is kind of weird to me because Ngannou isn't even champion. Jon should have called out Stipe. If Jon wins, he faces DC at HW for DC's final fight. That would have been a nice scenario if it played out...but it won't.

You know Stipe not only can't train for the foreseeable future, but is already booked.
Then JJ gets accused of calling out someone already booked on purpose.

EDIT: Unless JJ should be calling Stipe out for early 2021 and the LHW division championship in the mean time is on hold.

You know Stipe not only can't train for the foreseeable future, but is already booked.
Then JJ gets accused of calling out someone already booked on purpose.

I know Stipe has said he can't train because his gym has not opened back up and he is a first responder. Stipe is not already booked...DC has been calling for it but nothing is in writing or set in stone...that I have seen. I have also seen either Dana or UFC threatening to strip Stipe, which would look completely stupid under current worldly circumstances.

I also said I know none of it will happen anyway. It's what I would have liked to see, nothing more.

I seriously can not argue with that cute avatar. Point well taken.

No stars left in the UFC? Compared to Jones and Cejudo? That's just not true.

I feel like Khabib and Adesanya could be GOATs in the making. Borrachinha, McGregor, Masvidal, Gaethje all have a lot going for them. Bantamweight is as hype as ever, Lightweight is the best its been in years, MW is looking decent with Costa vs Adesanya and then Cannonier, Till and Shahbazyan moving up the ranks. Featherweight is looking awesome as always and Ngannou at HW could really be a draw.

The UFC just signed a 1.5billion contract with ESPN. I feel like things are going alright besides the obvious pandemic.
Khabib wants to retire soon, Gaethje said he plans to retire after a couple more fights, Masvidal doesn't want to fight, Mcgregor isn't active and will probably only fight a couple more times, Ngannou wants to be a boxer..

Jones has been out of the GOAT picture since 2017. Nobody cares about him anymore.

Likely but this would be a drastic change in the MMA landscape. Arguably the best 2 fighters on the planet would be outside the UFC for the first time in about 15 years. The UFC=MMA brand would be in serious jeopardy.

He is only un beaten fighter who has been fighting at the highest level for 10 years. Hes no where near what he was tho and knows it he wants a big payday fight n with his record he deserves it whether hes a mess in real life or not

Not true Adesanya would be a huge star and so would Sean O miley. Khabib would be the top 5 biggest draw for company now.

Back