Rankings based purely on skillsets

Martialbeef

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
If we were to recreate current UFC rankings purely based on the fighters ability level within a skillset.
Be it grappling accolades, wrestling, high level striking etc. Eg. For Middleweight, probably Rodolfo Viera would be #1 due to his ridiculous BJJ talents. I think Viera BJJ > Adesanya striking

HW/

1. Werdum - BJJ
2. DC - Wresting
3. Blaydes - Wrestling
4. Rozenstruik - KB
5. Overeem - KB

Does this make any sense?
Think of the game Top Trumps

Oh great a new way to rank people, and argue about imaginary rankings.

It’s 2020. I guess you’re right though.
lol your talking about skills, not athletic abilities. U did put Werdum at one ( I agree ), overeem is at least 3rd purely on technical abilities

lol your talking about skills, not athletic abilities. U did put Werdum at one ( I agree ), overeem is at least 3rd purely on technical abilities
Yeah Overeems kickboxing skills even today are better than Rozenstruik I guess. I completely forgot how that fight went.

Is this a bait thread? Cause I feel like it is.
Rozenstruik over Overeem as a pure kickboxer...with all his credentials?
Put the bottle down.
Today. But I’m wrong about that anyway probably...

Yeah Overeems kickboxing skills even today are better than Rozenstruik I guess. I completely forgot how that fight went.
okay the fight went like Overeem piecing up the fat guy for 25 minutes. The fat guy exploded at the end and we know how is overeem's chin ...

Put Volkov at one then, pretty sure he pieced up werdum.

Ur rankings don't make any sense, it is one of the dumbest " serious " thread Ive read on sherdog.

If we were to recreate current UFC rankings purely based on the fighters ability level within a skillset.
HW/

1. Werdum - BJJ

Does this make any sense?
Think of the game Top Trumps
No, it definitely doesn't.
<Moyes5>

Who is better at their respective skillset in HW than Werdum is at BJJ?
Well I was saying that using it for MMA makes no sense. And Werdum #1 after being worked by oleinik highlights it perfectly.

But just on your questions how are you defining Werdum's bbj skills? By his accomplishments from 20 years ago? What about his doping ban? How are you accounting for him being a big fish in a small bbj pond vs a universal sport like wrestling? Blaydes and DC current wrestling is far superior to modern Werdum bbj and Reem's kickboxing credentials are comparible. And again none of this matters because it's MIXED Martial Arts, we're ranking so being great at one discipline means shit in a meaningful ranking way.

Well I was saying that using it for MMA makes no sense. And Werdum #1 after being worked by oleinik highlights it perfectly.

But just on your questions how are you defining Werdum's bbj skills? By his accomplishments from 20 years ago? What about his doping ban? How are you accounting for him being a big fish in a small bbj pond vs a universal sport like wrestling? Blaydes and DC current wrestling is far superior to modern Werdum bbj and Reem's kickboxing credentials are comparible. And again none of this matters because it's MIXED Martial Arts, we're ranking so being great at one discipline means shit in a meaningful ranking way.
well Olenik worked Werdum standing, Werdum dominated the grappling.
Of course none of this matters lol. Just curious to see people’s takes on some guys skills.

Back