Did the small cage affect Woodley?

johnmangala

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Woodley is known to circle and use the cage. He said the smaller cage would help him as Burns would have to deal with more of him but from the looks of it Woodley couldn't really get away like he usually does.

So do you think the small cage affected Woodley's game?

If the cage was 100 feet wide he'd still find a way to have his back against the cage.

Shields, Rory, Wonderboy x 2, Usman, Till, Burns

Find a Woodley fight where his back isn't against the cage.

Same ol Woodley.

What is wrong with you people Woodley has always been a hit or miss fighter.

Woodley is known to circle and use the cage. He said the smaller cage would help him as Burns would have to deal with more of him but from the looks of it Woodley couldn't really get away like he usually does.

It’s funny, pre fights everyone was saying it would be the reason he knocks out burns.

No. He just had vietnam flashbacks like he has had in many previous fights. He just freezes up and forgets to fight.

I don't think it was the cage...but if that was a factor, then I would say for a guy at his level, with his experience, it should not have been.

Bisping's post-fight commentary was spot on...it was Woodley always looking for a big punch and doing little else. What happened to setting things up with the jab, throwing combos, threatening with a TD, lateral movement, changing levels, etc? Woodley looked terribly one-dimensional and was constantly allowing himself to fight with his back to the cage and no moving enough while doing so.

What is wrong with you people Woodley has always been a hit or miss fighter.

d12b29a084c245ff9f1b3b41f5c53512355cce6d508d14fab6fe68281309f5e9.jpg

EDIT: Tyron really needs to either get his head straight, or just leave MMA.

The cage was the only thing keeping him from getting floored again.

Anytime in the open he was getting pieced up, against the cage he had a bit more defensive success. He also got to wall n stall to earn some valuable points lmao

If the cage was 100 feet wide he'd still find a way to have his back against the cage.

Same ol Woodley.

This pretty much sums it up.

Rory set the blueprint out on how to beat him.

Also, as long as your output is more than his pitiful amount, you're guaranteed the win. I even disliked how the ufc hyped his title defenses.. dude threw next to zero punches, beat an old man damien, a fairly green till and just barely scrapped by wonder boy

Know to circle? Have you ever seen Woodley fight before?
Literally every single fight he's ever been in he immediately puts his back against the fence.

Tyron has been the exact same fighter for like the last 10 years, waiting for the right time to throw his dynamite right hand. He's in his late 30s, and like almost every fighter at that age, he isn't quite as quick and sharp as he used to be. As a result, his style don't work no more.

Same ol Woodley.
I exceeded my like distribution. But I like this.
Woodley would do most of Khabib’s work for him if they ever fought.

It’s funny, pre fights everyone was saying it would be the reason he knocks out burns.
Everyone was saying that? Really? So like 3 people now speak for everyone?

I really thought the smaller cage was going to favor Woodley

He fought the same as he did in a full sized cage. I would say it didn't change anything. He just had less cage to lean against.

Same ol Woodley.

The real question is, how would Woodley fight if they just fought in a big circle with no cage or ropes?

Know to circle? Have you ever seen Woodley fight before?
Literally every single fight he's ever been in he immediately puts his back against the fence.
What are you talking about? He's known to circle with his back to the cage. You can circle and have your back to the cage.

Thats ridiculous.

I didnt even know it was a small cage until event started.

First thing i thought was, Woodley is gonna be against the cage all fight

Back