*Raphael Assuncao Vs Cody Garbrandt: Who gets the win?*

Seiryoku Zenyo

We are all one
@Brown
Reaction score
Is Assuncao too past his prime?
Is there gonna be a size advantage on Cody?
What do you expect about this fight?

Goaty Goatbrandt by receeding hairline. Confirmed goat like Fedor.
FC438995-D400-400F-BED0-C40EAD953FB2.jpeg

I believe he's really overrated. His striking defense/head movement is really poor.
giphy.gif
I would say his head movement is pretty good.

Raphael. Cody has horrible fight iq once he gets stunned.

I think that Assuncao has enough in the tank to win a decision. He's extremely durable and will keep coming forward with his thudding overhand right. If he doesn't get it done by decision then he will KO Cody within distance. Cody's been chin checked one to many times in his last fights and I agree with @Seiryoku Zenyo that his defence just isn't that good.

IMO, it's a toss up. My sports betting app has Cody at -150, I think taking RDA is a decent value bet

It’s easy to be confident in your head movement fighting a no power whatsoever puncher

Dom should have thrown a damn knee or kick with Cody dipping his head down like that. Did he forget they're fighting MMA and not boxing??

giphy.gif
I would say his head movement is pretty good.
Cruz is god awful at leading.
Master counter striker and hits unreal shit on the backfoot but he can't lead against good strikers like TJ and Cody

Regardless it was still impressive from another counter striker like Cody to be in such control.

Well I really don't know, Cody could masterfully fold him up in 1 round and look like a champ OR could get tagged once and gets finished for throwing the same punch twice in a row by being overly emotional...
That's a coin flip fight. Cody is a champ and a bar drunk at the same time, you never know which one will show up.

I believe he's really overrated. His striking defense/head movement is really poor.
Yeah thats totally not true. He just needs to keep his emotions in check. Go watch him vs cruz. Cody is seriously underrated now. He had some bad knockouts but he's still a threat to anybody.

Assuncao has fought a killers row of bantamweights. Honestly, he’s more proven than Cody is if you really stop and think about it.

How would Cody do against opposition that Assuncao has faced? Moraes? Aljo?

Back