Roosevelt Roberts has all the talent in the world

Kaiokenrye24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
But he cant get caught up on the fence so easily against better guys. Otherwise he has power, length, athleticism, etc to be a contender

His hype train died a hard death with his loss to Pichel. Nothing has changed since.

Yeah he's retreating in straight lines instead of back-step pivoting. Bad ring generalship. Will get further exposed in upper ranks if stays in the UFC.

I just think he looks a run-of-the-mill MMA fighter really. Pretty good everywhere but not excellent anywhere.

He looked calm, composed and seems to know how to use his length in the cage which isn't always the case for longer fighters. There's levels to this and I think he'll eventually get exposed like 95% of fighters do as they get tougher matchups, but I like the kid.

That said, he needs some fucking tattoo removal. Lol.

His hype train died a hard death with his loss to Pichel. Nothing has changed since.
Vinc is pretty damn underrated. Roberts is young too. Hes couple years away from his prime. If anything, that loss was good for him.

That said, he needs some fucking tattoo removal. Lol.

You clearly just ain't bout dat money, cuz. The horrible thing is that that was clearly some pretty fresh ink so it really pops out at you too. Like, you can't see anything but that stupid tattoo when the camera's on him. It'll be interesting to see what that bad boy looks like 30 years down the road as it fades and Roberts packs on the pounds and wrinkles and by interesting I mean train wreck hilarious.

On topic, Roberts looks to be a good, well-rounded fighter with a great camp behind him and he understands how to maximize his physical attributes in the cage. The type of skillset I just described is good for potential admittance into the Top 25 in the LW division. Based off of his performances thus far, I can not envision a scenario where he cracks the Top 10 in the most stacked division in MMA.

Prove me wrong, Roosevelt! Prove me wrong!

easy with the criticism...he is 26 and has plenty of time to improve and address holes in his game.

Back