Woodley confirms Marty is the Nebrakan Nighmare

Espresso

Post USADA
@Silver
Reaction score
I'm watching the pre-show and Woodley says:

"Fight vs Kamaru, my body was present, but me and none of the things that make Tyron Woodley the chosen one were in that fight. I couldn't swing like I wanted to. I couldn't punch. I couldnt defend. It was almost like a REAL LIFE NIGHTMARE"

Marty the Nebraskan Nightmare is the real deal

Andropause is a motherfucker. Hope Wood does well tonight tho.

Inb4 Fallin' in an out jokes.

Woodley definitely looked off, but I think that had more to do with Usman than Woodley. Usman continues to impress me more after every subsequent fight of his. His striking has also gotten much better lately.

Im sure he will 'let it go' tonight.

Seriously hope he loses and disappears.

Woodley definitely looked off, but I think that had more to do with Usman than Woodley. Usman continues to impress me more after every subsequent fight of his. His striking has also gotten much better lately.

I think Usman is a terrible matchup for Tyron... superior wrestling, gas tank, youth, size, reach. He's basically and improved Woodley with less power. But Tyron did seem so completely shut down, got 10-8s scored against him, it was a bit surprising. Compared to how Colby and Kamaru didn't wrestle each other at all.

I think Usman is a terrible matchup for Tyron... superior wrestling, gas tank, youth, size, reach. He's basically and improved Woodley with less power. But Tyron did seem so completely shut down, got 10-8s scored against him, it was a bit surprising. Compared to how Colby and Kamaru didn't wrestle each other at all.

No doubt. I was very surprised as it happened, more so because Woodley seemed so helpless. He was steamrolled basically and just took it. I definitely ate with you about Usman being a younger version of him. Tyron is almost 40 now.

plus he's got that natty look that appeals to us sherbros

1128485706.jpg.jpg

Usman knew Woodley could sleep him at range with that pull-back overhand right counter. Colby presents a small threat in that regard. Plus Woodley’s game plan as a champion has always been into conserving as much energy as possible like Romero, so the safest way to get him drained is by wrestling.

Usman knew Woodley could sleep him at range with that pull-back overhand right counter. Colby presents a small threat in that regard. Plus Woodley’s game plan as a champion has always been into conserving as much energy as possible like Romero, so the safest way to get him drained is by wrestling.
Could but highly unlikely wouldn't. Woodley has 2 finishes in 6 years by strikes... One of them was against a guy who had 4x 25 min wars with 3 different fighters in a short span, prior to that fight.. his ability to put people to sleep is one of the most overblown things ever discussed here.

Marty took his soul and took his mom we all saw how she was all over him after the fight, she was like its your moment now your my son from now on fuck this victim crybaby loser he's adopted anyway

Tyron keeps saying this and it may hold some truth, his performance that fight was so lackadaisical.

If he ever fights Kamaru again, he will need to be much more aggressive and counter Kamaru’s wrestling.

Could but highly unlikely wouldn't. Woodley has 2 finishes in 6 years by strikes... One of them was against a guy who had 4x 25 min wars with 3 different fighters in a short span, prior to that fight.. his ability to put people to sleep is one of the most overblown things ever discussed here.
What you're failing to mention is that Tyron is the first person to finish Robbie with strikes since 2004 and nobody has done it after. Tyron has legit power. Robbie has definitely been in some wars, but none of them were able to finish him in less than a round like Tyron did and Colby couldn't finish him in 5 rounds. RDA couldn't finish Robbie even after Robbie blew his knee out.

An improved Woodley is such a lazy ass description lol. Woodley is a counter fighter and always sits back and looks for openings to land TDs and counter punches. Usman is a straight up pressure fighter and never relents or coasts/stays inactive. Usman also prolly has the best clinch game in the division and Tyron isn't that good inside. Stylistically Usman has much more in common with Colby than he does Woodley

An improved Woodley is such a lazy ass description lol. Woodley is a counter fighter and always sits back and looks for openings to land TDs and counter punches. Usman is a straight up pressure fighter and never relents or coasts/stays inactive. Stylistically Usman has much more in common with Colby than he does Woodley

Haha maybe. I guess in terms of skillset they have some tools in common, but you're probably right that their styles, or how they use them is different.

Usman is a relentless wrestler more like Khabib, while Woodley is a powerful wrestler who stays back and uses his hands more like Romero. Do you think there was anything mental/physical going on, or Usman is just that much of a better wrestler and would shut him down 10/10 times?

Haha maybe. I guess in terms of skillset they have some tools in common, but you're probably right that their styles, or how they use them is different.

Usman is a relentless wrestler more like Khabib, while Woodley is a powerful wrestler who stays back and uses his hands more like Romero. Do you think there was anything mental/physical going on, or Usman is just that much of a better wrestler and would shut him down 10/10 times?

Ive always thought Woodley just folds under educated pressure. Marquardt kind of laid the blueprint, then Hory followed. Condit was turning it up late but then got injured. Kelvin arguably beat him while mostly on the front foot too. Guys like Wonderboy, Maia, DHK etc. arent really pressure guys so they couldnt take advantage and gave Tyron way too much space for him to explode.

If Woodley had fought Colby recently or RDA a couple years ago before he was past it, I think both wouldve worn on him and pressed him out

Back